Quantcast

2021 HiSUN Sector E1 wont move

Dzogh

Bought a 2021 HiSUN Sector E1 earlier this year.  Was without it for about 2 months in spring due to a issue with break not fully releasing and then  About 2 months ago it worked fine and then the next morning it would not move in either direction.  Was fully charged and showed a 4884 error.  This error is not listed in users manual.  Called dealer we purchased it from who tried for two weeks to help us remotely by calling HiSUN and having us try their suggestions none of them worked.  They’ve now had it for 6 weeks and still have no idea of what is wrong.  All panels light up, shows fully charged but will not move in any direction.  Lights will turn on, turn signals will work, will beep if its put in reverse but will not move.  They said they have checked all electrical connections and batteries.  Anyone else ever come across something like this? Really need this thing back for fall seed spreading. 

Can't find my manual (UK spec) but is 4884 not the parking brake? I had problems with the sensor on mine - brake could be fully off and vehicle would roll down a hill, but no motive power from the engine until a sharp kick to the brake pedal popped the parking brake enough to click the sensor switch, which is up in the mechanism at that end, rather than at the brake at the front of the motor/transmission. Sometimes hooking a foot under the park brake lever and pulling it up worked too. Now the whole thing's so gummed up I never bother putting it on - it's a rubbish bit of design.

Sorry if that's an unhelpful suggestion. Hope you get it sorted soon.

4884 is a sequence fault. I e the fwd / reverse is selected. The brake could possibly be in that sequence as well but its unlikely. The fault could simply be a faulty fwd/ rev switch. The code is a Sevcon fault code (ie its not a hisun but generated by the Sevcon motor controller) The its cause is listed as "Any drive switch active at Power up"  solution is "Deselect all drive switches"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Callie
      We have replaced the relay/fuse, water pump, fan & radiator cap. What are we missing? Fan still won't kick on.
    • By John Gubancsik
      I started my UT400 but forgot to buckel my seat belt.  It bogged down and then died.  Only way I could restart it was to press the gas pedal and if I let up on it, it stalls.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.
    • By didgeridoo
      Hello, All!  I've decided to replace the traction batteries in my 2018 Sector E1 with a 48V Lithium set. They may be expensive, but I figure the Discovery Dry Cell are, too. I am not looking for the max driving range, as I have never received near the brochured range to begin with, but a good mix of charge/ get work done/ charge is what I am expecting.
      I have settled on the 48V EAGL kit from bigbattery dot com. Each battery pack provides 30Ah. The kit ships with a charger, as well. The packs would be physically connected in parallel (using a busbar) to one another, maintaining the 48V voltage, but together would be able to provide the amp draw the buggy pulls when going up hill or towing a rake (rated 320 max continuous Amps). This is in comparison to the serial connection the eight 6V lead batteries. Each of the EAGL batteries looks to have its own BMS; am I correct in thinking I will have to use their included charger rather than (simply) changing the onboard charger to lithium mode? The chemistry of the pack is LiFe PO4, for what it's worth.  I haven't torn anything apart yet (to diagram), so  I am not sure how the dash will interpret the AMP draw, but the kit I am looking at includes a dash mounted charge indicator.
      If anyone has completed a similar conversion, do you have any tips? Specifically, how did you remove the original batteries, and how did you secure the new ones? I am guessing that almost any change from the stock batteries would involve at least some modifications. Any tips would be appreciated, especially things I may have failed to consider. Thanks!
    • By Brett
      Fuel injected 700 starts great and idles great but touch the gas and it dies
    • By felo72
      Hello all. I purchased a brand new Massimo Buck 250 EFI in June for our farm and I've had the parking brake fail on me twice. I have approximately 250 miles on the vehicle. The first time was less than a month after receiving the UTV. We all of a sudden lost brake pressure and it would not start. I tracked the issue back to the parking brake. Upon removing the chain cover, I noticed the brake pad was missing and the caliper piston was touching the rotor. I found a set of brake pads online and replaced them myself. It's worked for several months and just happened again. Seems like a design flaw. I'm reaching out to see if there's an upgrade option available, or if I should replace the entire caliper with the brake pads? Thanks in advance for any advise.
      I submitted a warranty claim, so I'll keep this updated with what Massimo replies.
      When I replaced the brake pads the first time, back in July, my Son made a video on YouTube to show the unique caliper design. Here's a link if you wanted to check it out: