Quantcast

2021 Coleman UT400 rear suspension upgrade.

Brando040

I have a 2021 Coleman UT 400. The weight capacity of the rear cargo was only 330 pounds and it’s sags with just 100 pounds in the back. I’m wondering if anyone has any insight on upgrading the rear shocks, and/or springs to give it a better weight load capacity? I’m sure all the popular shock brands out there like Elka suspension do not carry them for these particular models so if anyone has ever ran into this issue and has any ideas on upgrading the shocks and I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. 

• Alex changed the title to 2021 Coleman UT400 rear suspension upgrade.

Have you adjusted the spring preload to max for starters?20220812_122946.thumb.jpg.bb1f22077904ff869ef02151fe32984e.jpg

Keep in mind the coilovers are not the only reason for the weight limit; vehicle weight balance, frame strength, and max tire load are also limiting factors for the max safe load.

I'm not aware of any upgraded coilovers available, but I'm sure you could find something and make it fit if you wanted. It's just a function of spring weight and length between the mounting points.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By James L
      Having a hard time in reverse it seems to jerk very roughly while trying to back up????
    • By Billsectere
      Creeping down our steep driveway after a 3 mile hilly run. Using the engine to help break. I'm in 4WD and Low "gear" mode. Suddenly there is a "release" type pop and the engine is no longer breaking as sometimes happens over a certain speed. No problem I apply more breaks and come to a rest down the hill. BUT this time the "back up" alarm is beeping and now the engine is just dead. Error code was initially 54C 2 but after resting overnight it now says 54C 3. As soon as the key turns on I get the alarm and nothing from the motor. It does look like the flashing engine thing shows a square box in the middle front is flashing. I have tried to find those codes but no luck yet. I wouldnt know what to do with them anyway. Any insights appreciated.--Bill

• By Goat Quilter
      We pout new belts cleaned engine and carburetor plugs you name it.  Drove down road no problem came back uphill no power won’t go . What’s the issue? 

could it be clutch? 

frustrated in shop more than in use on farm 
    • By Alien10
      I added lights to the Coleman Outfitter 550 last fall.   I bought lights on line from Nilight, a 300 W  12" light bar mounted forward and 2 square 4" floods for the rear.  Those are mounted on the roof corners facing rear and downward just beyond the tailgate.  Nilights seem to be of high quality, as I've had them on my garden tractor for 5 years and still flood the way ahead with great light. 
      Both the front and rear lights provide amazing illumination making the OEM headlamps look like parking lights.  Made a connector for the front bar that plugs into existing headlamp switch so it is just part of that circuit controlled by the headlamp switch.   Rear work lamps were wired in using a rocker switch installed in the dash.  Backed up to the garden with the work lights and was able to harvest some tomatoes well past sunset. 
      What have you used if anything for auxiliary lighting on your UTV?

• By carl baney
      have a 2021 tracker 800sx noticed locks on box when u fasten both sides of box are cracked anyone else have this probl