Quantcast

800sx belt squeal noise

I have an 800SX 2021, 40 hours on it and No belt noise.  I have recently noticed some “squeaking” in the shocks and could be some mud or dust, more noticeable on cold days.  No problems otherwise, starts easy, never stalls.  The belt drive transmission does seem to jerk into gear as you first start moving, engine needs to reach a certain RPM before the gear engages and its not smooth when you first start moving — but is very smooth afterwards,,,,,it’s just sort of “snaps” into gear.  Ive heard thats a common complaint and not a mechanical issue or problem...its the only thing I don’t like about the Tracker

• 6 months later...

Had the same squealing/chirping noise with mine. It was in the shop numerous times. The primary clutch was replaced, the secondary clutch was replaced, the belt was replaced and the problem was not resolved. Fast forward to the lasttrip to the shop and they did some sort of shimming and adjustment and it is much better. It will make noise for about the first 30 seconds then goes away for the entire time I use it. Start it the next day and same thing. I’ve decided to just live with the 30 seconds of noise every day!

I guess I am somewhat fortunate since i have Not had any squealing on my 800 SXLE - yet.  Mine was bought New in 2021 with about 60 hours on it now.  It has not been ridden very hard but does get some mud, water and dust on it and I’ve never power washed it — just hose it off.  Others have said to power wash the under carriage — good idea but i’ve Not done that yet. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Red Good
      Serial # a8mv86futja001002 , no search engine will give me a model , it has a 471 engine . Is massimo always hard to get hold of ? No answer to emails or phone calls ?
    • By kadams428
      Recently my four wheeler has had an issue of being set in gear and it begins riding on its own (up to 3-4MPH). It also is having difficulty shifting into different gears after riding in one gear (i.e. going from reverse to high gear). It will shift perfectly fine when shut off, but consistently has both issues stated above.
      Previous research has shown me that it could be an issue with belt tension/deflection, however I have been unable to figure out how to do that with these machines. I've seen some clutches have a jam nut and all that is needed is a wrench and an Allen key to make adjustments, but I haven't seen/found that on the 600 clutches. Has anyone done this in the past or have knowledge of how to accomplish this? 
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By Ronald
      Check engine light comes on after engine runs continuously for 5 minutes or so.  I can shut down the engine and restart and check engine light goes out, then comes back on after running 5 minutes or so?  What ya think?
    • By 4x4friend
      I have a 2012 Hisun ut400 that I just bought. I was told it just needed a belt, but nope, all three clutches were shot. So I went online and found a couple videos on replacing the clutches. They stated that the wet clutch and primary clutch should turn easily counterclockwise and harder clockwise because it's turning the engine over. So that is what I'm getting when the wet clutch housing bolts are loose, when I tighten them the shaft now turns very hard counterclockwise. Anyone have any ideas as to the problem?