Quantcast

2022 t-boss 760 oil filter

Go to solution Solved by Aaron Colona,

Just bought a brand new 760 about a month ago. I'm at 20 hours which the book says is when you need to change the break in oil. 

I must be crazy, but I can't find the oil filter. I've googled a million videos...everything seems to be 2019 or lower...and/or a 550.  They all show the filter easily seen by looking in past the rear passenger tire on the engine. There is absolutely nothing there on mine. 

1.there seems to be very little info if you Google a 760, or anything Massimo newer than like 2019. 

2. Does anyone have a current model year 760 that can answer my riddle for me? 

Don't know if this will help, but I have a 2019 T-boss 410, and there's no oil filter. I understand that there's a big difference between your 2022 760 and my 2019 410, but if you look under the engine from under the machine, you should see a hole that is where the drain plug is located. There's no oil filter (disappointed in that), but there's some sort of spring on the drain plug.

I have wondered if there's some way to engineer an oil filter, like maybe remotely.

I doubt I helped you, but maybe if you find the drain plug, you'll be able to get the answer to your question. Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

10 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

Don't know if this will help, but I have a 2019 T-boss 410, and there's no oil filter. I understand that there's a big difference between your 2022 760 and my 2019 410, but if you look under the engine from under the machine, you should see a hole that is where the drain plug is located. There's no oil filter (disappointed in that), but there's some sort of spring on the drain plug.

I have wondered if there's some way to engineer an oil filter, like maybe remotely.

I doubt I helped you, but maybe if you find the drain plug, you'll be able to get the answer to your question. Good luck! Let us know what you find out.

I did find the drain plug but I didn't drain yet cause I wanted to find the filter. It is on the very bottom. 

I am pretty sure I have read the 410 doesn't have a filter ..but the 550 and 750 do. I can't imagine all of a sudden the newest 760 got rid of the oil filter. 

2 minutes ago, T-boss 410 said:

You would think it wouldn't be difficult to locate. There's nothing in the manual about it?

Tell me about it lol. I feel like a dummy or blindget this...the manual has a oil change interval and literally says "make sure and change the filter when you change the oil" but doesn't say a thing about where it is...no pictures. 

I just can't believe nobody has a YouTube video of a 760, or even a 750, I can find. I feel like I need to make one once I get this figured out cause nobody seems to have info on these. 

• Solution
On 1/8/2024 at 9:20 PM, T-boss 410 said:

Well, when all else fails you can always call the headquarters in Texas. Or maybe get an email address for a technician who can help.

So I called texas and I hope this info helps others.   They DID make major changes for the new 760.  The 750 oil filter is wrong now.  The new setup is an open filter, similar to an air filter, that goes in a similar spot to the 750. There is a metal cover, with 3 screws, you open that up and then swap the filter. 

The massimo part number for the new filter is: 38091 

Through some digging I think I found a cross reference of that filter to a HF152 which is used in some Can-Ams and motorbikes. The OEM filter is $40 with shipping from Massimo. I found an HF152 style for like $12 off amazon. When it comes in and I'll compare it to my OEM and make sure they match and then update this post for others. 

1 hour ago, T-boss 410 said:

So, did you actually locate the filter finally?

I see the cover he is talking about. It is right near where the external/standard filter used to be on all the 550-750 previous models.  I didnt want to open it up yet till my new filter comes in. I'm new to the forum, but I think I can attach pictures? If so I'll take a couple pics when I get it open in the next couple days. 

Okay I completed the change. So hopefully this helps someone else. I confirmed the filter matches identical, so don't go buy an OEM filter unless you wanna pay 4 times as much. They were literally identical except the filter material was a different color. 

So the drain is the same as older units...so is the fill (better have a super long/flexible funnel). 

Literally the only difference is the filter. Slightly behind oil dipstick is a round metal "cap" held on by 3 small bolts. Pull all 3 and the cap just falls off..along with some oil. Be careful, there is a o-ring that could come off...mine stayed on the motor. You just grab the filter and pull it out. Shove the new one in and you can kind of feel the rubber gasket "stick" when you push it in (only can go one way, rubber side in). Cap back on...done.