Quantcast

Transmission oil question Hisun 750 UTV

Hello,

The engine lubrication oil is not the same as the transmission/differential oil. The engine oil does "bathe" the clutch.

When you change the oil, there are different intervals for the engine and for the transmission/differential case. The oil types are also different for the engine and the differential case.

Best regards.

10 hours ago, hdtran said:

Hello,

The engine lubrication oil is not the same as the transmission/differential oil. The engine oil does "bathe" the clutch.

When you change the oil, there are different intervals for the engine and for the transmission/differential case. The oil types are also different for the engine and the differential case.

Best regards.

That's sort of a confusing answer because of the way hisun terminology works.

The engine & the wet clutch & the high/low/reverse gears (which is what we traditionally term a "transmission") all share oil.

The rear differential has its own oil, but it isn't a "transmission" except in hisuns terminology. They also use the term "final drive" or something like that in some literature.

• Like 2

Thanks, Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. All of the motoercycles I've owned have been that way but wasn't sure about the UTV because of the Hisun terminology. My UTV is a Bad Boy Bandit 750. But it's actually the same as the Hisun Sector 750.  Just bought it last month. Been a good machine so far. Plenty stout 

As far as I know the oils that need changed is 

1. Engine oil which also lubes the "transmission"

2. The front differential 

3. The real differential.

When changing the engine oil, I took the top hose off the oil cooler and used cheap, low pressure tire inflator (12v that plugs into cigarette socket) to blow the oil back through the lines. Then out the oil drain plug. It takes just a little more oil when changing. But 99% ( + - ) of the old oil is removed from the machine when changing oil. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By lmarkie
      I swapped out the Subaru motor for a Predator 670cc. If I remove the heat shield around the muffler, The stock muffler sits in there just fine with 1" to spare.
      Only problem is the exhaust exit is toward the back seat instead of out the back.
      Do you all think that the stock exhaust would be okay (just as effective) if cut a hole and welded a pipe on the reversed (opposite) end? Of course, plug the old exit end. Other option I thought of was to roll a tube 180° with a 7" center line radius and finish extention of 12" or so.
      Any thoughts?
    • By Wesley
      I have a 2022 500 Hisun product, I have had them in the past. I change my oil myself and trying to drain through the hole where I remove the plug is a mess.  How does everyone keep the belly pan clean during the oil and filter service?

Wes Jackson
    • By amiracle40995
      I've never seen the temperature go high on this thing. the fan runs almost all the time even though the sensor is  reading at the very bottom of it's range. ive taken the cylinder head off.  (nothing definitive but maybe a little fuel on top of piston with oil in it.i don't think this has anything to do with my problem )head gasket is 3 layers deep and I noticed some grit that might have been in between layers but nothing to say the head gasket wasn't intact.  black carbon build up on piston. I've looked all over the head for cracks from over heating. I'm about to look again for hairline cracks that are extremely difficult to see. my buddy helping me said to order rings in case they are letting oil pass thru he also said get a new head gasket.. I'm looking at water in oil first and I'm not ordering rings. I haven't checked the oil cooler to see if it's defective yet.  I'm just hoping someone had a similar problem. my only problem so far has been having to change the spark plug every 100 miles with 93 octane run thru it. 
    • By dave pasch
      Has anyone trouble shooted this transfer case? Full 12v to switch and case. No action inside case.

Thanks Dave