Quantcast

2017 Challenger 500 No power on take off or hills

Okay folks. I have a low power issue. Been like this for a few years. Place I work at bought 3 and all have lost most of the pulling power.  They gave them away after local shop worked on one for 3 months and it had great power for about 1 month and then crap. They replaced throttle body, fuel injector, spark plug and IAC motor. Seat belt switches have wires cut and left open so no seat belt warning light anymore. It revs to 6k rpm in neutral but when put in gear and take off in low it just doesn’t seem to want to go anymore. Running 93 octane fuel with Stabil.  Any ideas greatly appreciated. I dont have a scan tool but no codes on dash. If held to floor it pops a little and runs almost 5K rpm but if I let off pedal about an inch it smoothed out and revs up to 6k rpm. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jeff S
      How to fix newer 800SX that gets stuck in LOW
    • By Tony P
      Twice my hisun has been driven a few miles and turned off back at home. Get back on it same afternoon and console is dead, no lights. 
      Have 12.7 vdc at battery and fuses are good. I hear relays click in the fuse box and main relay clicks but everything is dead. 
      Any ideas on what this may be? I've seen this problem before on this forum but it never finished. 
      Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

• By Paul Angstadt
      Hi everybody. I just bought a 2012 Hisun with the 700cc engine. Was wondering where i could find a service manual for this thing?
      Its going to need some parts that are missing, like the air intake hoses and other things. Also the dash display is out. the only light that works is neutral light. Not even sure on the model. from pics I've seen, it looks like an HS700. Kind of grey with the black stripes on the hood. Just hoping i can find parts for it.
      Thank you for any advice you can give me. By the way, it does run and goes forward and reverse.
      Paul
    • By A P
      Hi
      I have a 2022 hisun sector eps 550. 30amp fuse is blown for eps. Checked the motor and it’s fine. Opened up the controller and found a bad diode. Dealer wanted 500$ for the controller. Just posting this in case it helps someone. I couldn’t read numbers from the old one so just took a guess and replaced it with a 100v 3amp diode. 
    • Sell your car with CarBrain
    • By Browner010
      Recently I had an overheating issue on my 2022 Coleman Outfitter 550 (Hisun UT550) and to check to make sure it was fixed I took it out for a ride around the block. After a couple cycles on the LED coolant meter, I took it for a couple mile ride and on my way back I heard a loud metallic snap then a grinding noise. It was still able to move under its own power but very slowly. I was about 2 blocks from the truck so 'I limped it home and up onto the trailer. I know I need to tear it apart and look for what broke, but anyone have a guess as to where to start? I'm seriously getting tired of this damn machine! 750 miles on it and already replaced the belt, wet clutch, primary clutch, clutch roller weights among a few other things. Seriously, this friggin machine has spent more time on the lift than on the road. I thought I bought this new because it was from the owner of a tractor supply, but he registered it under the stores name making me the 2nd owner voiding any and all warranties.
      Any Ideas what to look for would be appreciated.
      Thanks