Quantcast

2011 hs500efi third temperature switch?

Go to solution Solved by Joe Breaux,

While troubleshooting an issue with temp warning light I discovered another temp switch mounted in the pipe going to the head  The two switches are literally 6 inches apart.  Does anyone know what this third switch is used for?  If i can figure out how I will post pictures.

• htrotte changed the title to 2011 hs500efi third temperature switch?

Finally got the pictures took.  See the photo and tell me if you know what the switch on the right is.

It looks to be factory and I know the girl who bought it new and she didn't install it.

I can't find anything on it in any manual i have looked at.  Any help would be appreciated.

SXS TEMP SW.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By felo72
      Hello all. I purchased a brand new Massimo Buck 250 EFI in June for our farm and I've had the parking brake fail on me twice. I have approximately 250 miles on the vehicle. The first time was less than a month after receiving the UTV. We all of a sudden lost brake pressure and it would not start. I tracked the issue back to the parking brake. Upon removing the chain cover, I noticed the brake pad was missing and the caliper piston was touching the rotor. I found a set of brake pads online and replaced them myself. It's worked for several months and just happened again. Seems like a design flaw. I'm reaching out to see if there's an upgrade option available, or if I should replace the entire caliper with the brake pads? Thanks in advance for any advise.
      I submitted a warranty claim, so I'll keep this updated with what Massimo replies.
      When I replaced the brake pads the first time, back in July, my Son made a video on YouTube to show the unique caliper design. Here's a link if you wanted to check it out:

• By hetovi
      Hello everyone.
      I recently bought a Can-Am Ryker and I'm looking to customize it with some accessories. I’ve seen a lot of options out there but wanted to get some recommendations from fellow riders.
      What are the must-have accessories for comfort, style, or performance?
      Specifically, I'm considering a windshield and better footpegs—are these worth the investment?
      Also, any thoughts on storage solutions like saddlebags or rear cases?
      Would love to hear your personal experiences with any mods you’ve done.
    • By Fishing Wiskers
      Top speed is 30mph on flat grass ground.  but it will not go up minor hills forward or reverse without a runing start.  If you start at the bottom of the hill machine will stop about 1/2 way up.  I have the engine cover off and you can see the outside of the drive clutch will stop spining., and the engine does bogg down some.  Dosent matter if engine is cold or warmed up.  Seat belts are connected.  Fuel is clean
      I am the 5th shop to look at it and different shops have replaced the fuel pump, injector, ign coil, wet clutch, 
      I am not sure how to check for codes with this machine,  can anyone teall me how to do it?

Compression with hot eng is 145,  valves adjusted to .005 with a cold engine.  Dash shows 426 hours
      I am not convinced it's an engine problem
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Lawrence
      Massimo coolant light blinking what does that mean?