Quantcast

Battery

03Mach

Hi everyone, I'm a new member with a trooper t2 and am glad that I have found a good forum with other Joyner owners, first question I have for you guys(I'm sure there are going to be quite a few in the future) is my battery is dead and won't recharge so what battery do I replace it with? I went to walmart, but could find any batteries that looked similar. And where can I get a replacement fender one of mine cracked.

Thanks for your help guys!

Hi everyone, I'm a new member with a trooper t2 and am glad that I have found a good forum with other Joyner owners, first question I have for you guys(I'm sure there are going to be quite a few in the future) is my battery is dead and won't recharge so what battery do I replace it with? I went to walmart, but could find any batteries that looked similar. And where can I get a replacement fender one of mine cracked.

Buy an Optima, their expensive but they are the only battery that will last years (6-8) with the jarring. You'll have to make the battery box bigger.

Lenny

Not sure which fender you need but heres a couple,both left front

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JOYNER-LEFT-FRONT-FENDER-TROOPER-/400143488118?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2a691476

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JOYNER-LEFT-FRONT-FENDER-TROOPER-/400143485887?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2a690bbf

Lawn mover batteries. I run one in my race car.

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

My concern with the lawn mower battery is it's reserve power. They are real cheap like 25-30 bucks and you could easily buy an extra to bring on remote trips. I went with the Optima, the marine Optima, not only because of it's duribility but because it has a lot of surplus reserve capacity. I'm always concerned about getting out in the middle of no where and ending up with a dead battery or starting problem for some reason. I've run Optimas in my truck and found them to last far longer then flat plate batteries. Optimas use a wound up coil for plate design which doesn't flex with jarring. When I bought my current Dodge diesel it had 1-1/2 year old batteries in it. I switched them with the 3-1/2 year old Optima batteries out of my old Dodge diesel and have run them already another 2 years. The marine battery is expensive though, $170 and the lawnmower battery will work.

Best back up battery is the Buddy System. That is why I don't like to go out that often by myself. Sometime you just can't help it so we have a lot of miles alone. I do agree, have a great battery. Good in this case is not enough!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Also the reason why I take the wife along,she is strong and can push for quite a distance(LOL)

Edit - Kinarfi -- Me Too. :lol::lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/
    • By Greg Kilgore
      Was at Lowe's over the weekend. The wife and I seen they have a new Axis 550. That thing is sharp. Has a complete door. Speakers in door. Bigger engine. Bench seats. New styling all the way around. Looks to be more air tight than my 2022 model. I really like the looks but $10k is out of my price range for now. Unless I could sell mine. And the resale on the Axis 500 is nothing.
      Went to the local wally world today. See a 4 person Polaris General 1000 on the back of a trailer. That Polaris looked exactly like a stretched version of the Axis 550. Even down to the vents in the windshield.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the Axis 550 is a copy of the Polaris?
    • By hetovi
      Hey everyone,
      I recently purchased a CFmoto ATV and I'm looking to add some accessories to enhance its performance and usability.
      I'm curious about what you all consider essential add-ons for a CFmoto.
      Specifically, I'm interested in accessories that improve comfort, storage, and overall ride experience.
      Are there any brands or products that you’ve found to work particularly well with CFmoto models?
      Any tips on where to get the best deals would also be appreciated. Looking forward to your suggestions and advice!
    • By didgeridoo
      Hello, All!  I've decided to replace the traction batteries in my 2018 Sector E1 with a 48V Lithium set. They may be expensive, but I figure the Discovery Dry Cell are, too. I am not looking for the max driving range, as I have never received near the brochured range to begin with, but a good mix of charge/ get work done/ charge is what I am expecting.
      I have settled on the 48V EAGL kit from bigbattery dot com. Each battery pack provides 30Ah. The kit ships with a charger, as well. The packs would be physically connected in parallel (using a busbar) to one another, maintaining the 48V voltage, but together would be able to provide the amp draw the buggy pulls when going up hill or towing a rake (rated 320 max continuous Amps). This is in comparison to the serial connection the eight 6V lead batteries. Each of the EAGL batteries looks to have its own BMS; am I correct in thinking I will have to use their included charger rather than (simply) changing the onboard charger to lithium mode? The chemistry of the pack is LiFe PO4, for what it's worth.  I haven't torn anything apart yet (to diagram), so  I am not sure how the dash will interpret the AMP draw, but the kit I am looking at includes a dash mounted charge indicator.
      If anyone has completed a similar conversion, do you have any tips? Specifically, how did you remove the original batteries, and how did you secure the new ones? I am guessing that almost any change from the stock batteries would involve at least some modifications. Any tips would be appreciated, especially things I may have failed to consider. Thanks!
    • By diamondjfarm
      I got an old 2003 Arctic Cat 375 Auto, and just bought a 2008 AC 650 side by side. Got a new starter, solenoid, and battery for the 650. Gonna change the crankcase oil and filter while I'm at it.
      Anything I oughta watch out for from them that's done the starter/solenoid on this model?
      Don't have a manual yet for the 650. Any recommendations for oil weight/grade?
      Thanks.