Quantcast

should i buy

styrk99

thinking about buying a 2008 trooper.are they reliable are parts easy to get .have hondas lovem.wanna try a joyner just need some info.thanks

Well just about every thing that Trooper does, good or bad, has been mentioned on this forum and we're all here to add our comments, so sit back, put your feet up and read. The Trooper has it's faults, but, INHO, there's no other vehicle like it, lots similar, but it depends on what you like.

I like the 4 cylinders and the standard tranny, the seating, the layout, it just seem to work well for my conditions.

Kinarfi

Well, I'm new here . Bought my 2008 trooper the end of july 2010,had 600 miles on it.I love it as does everyone who see's it. I have done the differential fix, the steering tightning fix, new tie rod ends,.. I have put 1000 miles on since I bought it, only a couple minor easy to fix problems, but many hrs of great fun & enjoyment. I actually have guys asking every trip if i will sell it!! I'm hooked,, Hope this helps, just my honest opinion,,,,Quig

Honestly I would NOT purchase my Trooper again. Love that I have it but there is no comparison with Honda. I have had to make WAY TOO MANY MODS to stabilize it. If I had to to it over again I would look at RZR or the New Can Am first. You will have to be major mechanically inclined or have a health wallet at time goes by to keep the Trooper on the road. Parts are not nearly as available and thus far the Company it's self is not dependable. Aftermarket is nearly non-existence even tho a couple remarkable dealers are trying. I have been to the UTV Rally in Moab and can say the others preform nearly as well and are easier to drive at times. Have no plans of selling mine but would not buy another. I have had mine since Dec '07 so have played with it a lot. Still have my '83 Suzuki PE and '04 Honda CRF450 so I do know what quality is in off-road equipment. I had hoped that by this time Joyner would have stepped up their game but they are / have p*ssed away the opportunity! I will always give my objective opinion even if it hurts. JMHO!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

Honestly I would NOT purchase my Trooper again. Love that I have it but there is no comparison with Honda. I have had to make WAY TOO MANY MODS to stabilize it. If I had to to it over again I would look at RZR or the New Can Am first. You will have to be major mechanically inclined or have a health wallet at time goes by to keep the Trooper on the road. Parts are not nearly as available and thus far the Company it's self is not dependable. Aftermarket is nearly non-existence even tho a couple remarkable dealers are trying. I have been to the UTV Rally in Moab and can say the others preform nearly as well and are easier to drive at times. Have no plans of selling mine but would not buy another. I have had mine since Dec '07 so have played with it a lot. Still have my '83 Suzuki PE and '04 Honda CRF450 so I do know what quality is in off-road equipment. I had hoped that by this time Joyner would have stepped up their game but they are / have p*ssed away the opportunity! I will always give my objective opinion even if it hurts. JMHO!

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

I agreed with rocmoc I like my trooper but parts are hard to get.If I had to do it over it would be the rzrs