Quantcast

Where is everyone

Ain't been doing much, just working around the house and the property. Also been working on a lift gate for my fiancee's Jeep Grand Cherokee. Her's has a lot of rust damage. Just trying to stay busy and stay cool at the same time.

• Like 1

Been out doing some light tree trimming on the UTV.  Especially branches that tear my hat and glasses off as I mow around them on the ZT..  Getting warm and humid here in Michigan.  I don't do well anywhere above 80 degrees or 70% humidity.   Now back in the basement "office" checking in on UTV Board.  😀

• Like 1

The wife loves to mow, so who am I to stand in the boss’s way? Bad thing is she gets the zero turn and I get to trim and weed eat. She loves to mow so much I volunteered her to mow a new to the hood neighbors yard in their process of moving here. We will mow their yard most of this year. They have six mowable acres and we have six too. Twelve acres to mow, old age, and 100° temps means I drink a lot of water, Gatorade, and beer. 
Gottta learn to keep my mouth shut when volunteering her yard mowing love!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/29/2024 at 5:37 PM, Joe Breaux said:

lol  We only get low 70% humidity in January cold fronts...We wake up to 96% every morning ..Last year we actually had Heat index in the 120s for a month.. Its hot down here in the swamp.🥵

I work on a ship that travels between Houston, Southern Lousiana, and Florida...miserable all summer. I dont know how you guys manage it. I never seem to find the right balance between staying hydrated and peeing constantly. I have worked asphalt barges in Lousiana in the summer too. 300 degree cargo means the temperatures on deck are even hotter since it radiates through the steel.

Much nicer at home in Maine the other half of the year.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished rebuilding a small deck on a side door.  UTV used as a work and saw station.   Humidity high and 85 degrees.  Very little air movement in the work area.   Done now, both the job and me.  Cool basement office awaits a few hours of nice cool temp.   

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.