Quantcast

Hisun E1 Lithium Replacement Batteries (Australia) & Regen output in amps....

So these Giant 48v/110ah batteries have just become available: https://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/giant-100ah-48v-lithium-golf-cart-deep-cycle-battery

They look like they could drop in either side of the Controller that sits in the middle of the tray as they are 330mm(W) 355(L) 295mm(H). They can be paralleled, and I think two should be enough. Technically once paralleled the system should output 400ah continuous and 800ah Max (5 secs), more than enough for the E1 - probably 1/3rd more than is needed.

However, the sales person stated that if the regen braking exceeded 400amps, it would put the batteries in standby mode for protection and they would have to be 're-started' with a jumper pack to reset them. Does anybody know the max output of the E1 Regen system, and if it does exceed that, is it possible to disable/bypass the regen so it has a zero output?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm speaking speculatively (as in I have not done this). The Sector E1 uses the Sevcon Gen4 controller. You can get PDFs of the Sevcon manual; according to the manual, you can set limits on the regenerative braking maximum current.

That said, 400 amps of current is a lot of regenerative torque/braking!

I know it's probably not the most accurate gauge, but the dial on the dash goes up to 400A (in the red) for discharge, but only 100A (in the green) for regen. I'd very much doubt the controller would put out much more than 100A regen even on a high speed downhill run.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.