Quantcast

Power loss

Go to solution Solved by Greg Kilgore,

Hello I bought a axis 700 two years ago and have had no problems until the other day was going down dirt road and lost all electrical power except lights and starter engine will turn over but not start and display panel went out so can’t see any codes can anyone help I’m getting up in years and my knees are not what they use to be. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to hear you found PART of the problem. Reason I say part, is there is a reason that fuse blew. 

If the original fuse was 15 amp. And it worked for 2ish years then blew to protect the circuit. There is a short causing the fuse to blow.

Hate to say it, but sounds like there is still something wrong. Something is causing the fuse to blow. If you don't find what that is. It may cost you a lot more in the future.

You have narrowed it down. Now just trace down the wires in that circuit to make sure there are no chafed wires. I'd remove any tape or wire lume and inspect the wires themselves. Repair any bad spots. And put the original size fuse amperage back. 

Good luck. Glad I could help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Goat Quilter
      We pout new belts cleaned engine and carburetor plugs you name it.  Drove down road no problem came back uphill no power won’t go . What’s the issue? 

could it be clutch? 

frustrated in shop more than in use on farm 
    • By lmarkie
      I swapped out the Subaru motor for a Predator 670cc. If I remove the heat shield around the muffler, The stock muffler sits in there just fine with 1" to spare.
      Only problem is the exhaust exit is toward the back seat instead of out the back.
      Do you all think that the stock exhaust would be okay (just as effective) if cut a hole and welded a pipe on the reversed (opposite) end? Of course, plug the old exit end. Other option I thought of was to roll a tube 180° with a 7" center line radius and finish extention of 12" or so.
      Any thoughts?
    • By Goat Quilter
      New belts and engine cleaned and checked carburetor cleaned drove on flat ground fine turned to go up hill lost power wouldn’t go 
      Could it be clutch issue?? 

so frustrating this thing has been in shop more than used on our farm. 

• By Greg Kilgore
      Was at Lowe's over the weekend. The wife and I seen they have a new Axis 550. That thing is sharp. Has a complete door. Speakers in door. Bigger engine. Bench seats. New styling all the way around. Looks to be more air tight than my 2022 model. I really like the looks but $10k is out of my price range for now. Unless I could sell mine. And the resale on the Axis 500 is nothing.
      Went to the local wally world today. See a 4 person Polaris General 1000 on the back of a trailer. That Polaris looked exactly like a stretched version of the Axis 550. Even down to the vents in the windshield.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the Axis 550 is a copy of the Polaris?