Quantcast

Joyner Trooper Signal Lite Flasher

rocmoc

Found another difference between my 2008 first 50 Trooper & the later ones. My Trooper takes a special signal flasher with a pigtail. Found one on ebay for almost $60 in England. After the first 50 or 2008 the fuse box is different that a more regular USA type flasher was used, at least that is what I found when I went out to rob the one off of my 2009 dismantlement Trooper.

I am going to do something different and if anyone see a problem, please let me know. I am going to purchase a regular USA type flasher, cut the female connector off the wiring, add plug ends on the wire and plug the USA flasher directly into the system. Only problem I see is figuring out which wire of the three goes where.

rocmoc n AZ

Found another difference between my 2008 first 50 Trooper & the later ones. My Trooper takes a special signal flasher with a pigtail. Found one on ebay for almost $60 in England. After the first 50 or 2008 the fuse box is different that a more regular USA type flasher was used, at least that is what I found when I went out to rob the one off of my 2009 dismantlement Trooper.

I am going to do something different and if anyone see a problem, please let me know. I am going to purchase a regular USA type flasher, cut the female connector off the wiring, add plug ends on the wire and plug the USA flasher directly into the system. Only problem I see is figuring out which wire of the three goes where.

rocmoc n AZ

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=automotive+flasher+wiring&pbx=1&oq=automotive+flasher+&aq=1&aqi=g4&aql=1&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=8122l15191l0l19437l19l13l0l5l5l0l274l2688l0.6.7l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=1c82949ca002f577&biw=1692&bih=736

Lenny

rocmoc n AZ

This is my best guess, but if you want to use the one of your 2009, assuming it's like my 2008, you feed it with a hot and a ground and then the out from it goes to the signal switch and to the light, maybe that a DUH! If you would like, I'll look at mine and let you know which is which and what is what.

Kinarfi

The 2008 & 2009 are NOT interchangeable. Entirely different. 2008 is an electronic module with a pigtail at 20+ times the cost. 2009 is somewhat like a standard USA flasher with the 3 male connectors, simple & cheap. This is how you take something simple, like our gas gauges, that has worked forever and turn it into a more complicated piece of cr*p.

rocmoc n AZ

• 1 month later...

The 2008 & 2009 are NOT interchangeable. Entirely different. 2008 is an electronic module with a pigtail at 20+ times the cost. 2009 is somewhat like a standard USA flasher with the 3 male connectors, simple & cheap. This is how you take something simple, like our gas gauges, that has worked forever and turn it into a more complicated piece of cr*p.

rocmoc n AZ

Hi rocmoc........I have a 2007 Joyner SV 1100. The flasher pulsates like a thousand times a minute along with the lights. It's the square kind with the pigtails. I tried a standard flasher but keep blowing the fuse. Have you figured out how to use a standard flasher?

Bruce

Hi rocmoc........I have a 2007 Joyner SV 1100. The flasher pulsates like a thousand times a minute along with the lights. It's the square kind with the pigtails. I tried a standard flasher but keep blowing the fuse. Have you figured out how to use a standard flasher?

Bruce

Hello Bruce,

Mine was doing the same thing. I tried the old style flasher but did not work. Kinarfi or someone else may jump in but my opinion is the new flasher uses a much lower amperage because of the micro technology. I have not come up with a solution except finding a fair priced supply which I have not found yet. I will post when I find a fair priced vendor. They do have similar at Autozone but have not tried any.

rocmoc n AZ

Hello Bruce,

Mine was doing the same thing. I tried the old style flasher but did not work. Kinarfi or someone else may jump in but my opinion is the new flasher uses a much lower amperage because of the micro technology. I have not come up with a solution except finding a fair priced supply which I have not found yet. I will post when I find a fair priced vendor. They do have similar at Autozone but have not tried any.

rocmoc n AZ

Thanks rocmoc...........if I find something I'll post it.

Thanks rocmoc...........if I find something I'll post it.

If your trashing your old flasher, can I have it so I can disassemble it, maybe redesign it and if I'm successful, I'll make one for you too. The one in my Trooper puts out about 16 - 18 volts when it's not blinking which says to me that it has something weird inside it.

2887256030104110397IbLXHu_th.jpg

Here's the schematic of the flasher wiring, according to the manual, I looked at the link Lenny supplied and from my experiences with flashers, it may be a simple change of flashers, I don't think they're all the same, this may be the answer,2455785240104110397ovhYGs_th.jpg http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrimages/flasher/flashfixdiagram.gif, just add a resistor in parallel with the lights because our signals don't pull enough power to get a good heat into the flasher like the bigger bulbs used in cars, this will be more true if you changed over to LED lights or get the electronic flasher which does not care how much current flows.

Kinarfi

If your trashing your old flasher, can I have it so I can disassemble it, maybe redesign it and if I'm successful, I'll make one for you too. The one in my Trooper puts out about 16 - 18 volts when it's not blinking which says to me that it has something weird inside it.

Here's the schematic of the flasher wiring, according to the manual, I looked at the link Lenny supplied and from my experiences with flashers, it may be a simple change of flashers, I don't think they're all the same, this may be the answer,2455785240104110397ovhYGs_th.jpg http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrimages/flasher/flashfixdiagram.gif, just add a resistor in parallel with the lights because our signals don't pull enough power to get a good heat into the flasher like the bigger bulbs used in cars, this will be more true if you changed over to LED lights or get the electronic flasher which does not care how much current flows.

Kinarfi

Kinarfi, I am emailing you directly.

rocmoc n AZ

Kinarfi

Kinarfi.......you can have it. E-mail your address to me and I'll send it to you. My buggy is a Sand Viper. Are the flashers the same as the Trooper?