Quantcast

tires

lowgear

Has anyone had trouble with the side walls cracking on the rear. I don't run hard at all and the side walls are cracked all the way around and begining to move to the face of the tire. This has happened in a very short period of time. I look at the tires almost every day and check for problems. I'am running maxxis cerros tires, stock rims, at between 12 and 14psi in the rear. I wonder if the tires are not enough for the weight of the T2. The pressure I run is what is recomended on the sidewall.

I checked with the warehouse where I bought the tires (Chaparrel in Ca.) they want me to send the tires back of course at my expense then it will take a month for them to get back to me. I know that they will be pro rated for any refund or exchange and they are almost 1 year old so I think that I won't bother because it will end up costing me more than if I just buy new tires. You can bet it won't be from Chaparrel again.

I checked with the warehouse where I bought the tires (Chaparrel in Ca.) they want me to send the tires back of course at my expense then it will take a month for them to get back to me. I know that they will be pro rated for any refund or exchange and they are almost 1 year old so I think that I won't bother because it will end up costing me more than if I just buy new tires. You can bet it won't be from Chaparrel again.

Have you checked with Maxxis directly? When I got my BFG's pro-rated for cracks in the sidewalls I just took them to Discount Tire. They called BFG and I was able to use the pro-rated money on new tires at their store. It shouldn't matter where you bought them; however, I am not sure if Maxxis' warranty is a good as BFG's. BFG just wanted a tire "expert" to verify the damage so the warranty system isn't abused.

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.