Quantcast

Small Mods done

Guest Lenny

Has anyone connected the calipers on the rear axle together emer. to service to get more brake power on the rear axle.

I did that a couple of years ago. Works real good. I also added a second caliper to the fronts. The stock master cylinder handles them fine. Before doing this, I was always consicous of the brakwes being weak and knowing that on a steep down hill they would be questionable. Now, I don't ever think of brakes no more then you do in your car. They just work.

Here are some pics that show what I added to the front to use a second caliper.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2961515900104928832uTsJVT?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2898195820104928832VHtVoP?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2027331290104928832IHXdye?vhost=good-times

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2387927100104928832kbuLwH?vhost=good-times

I converted my front drive shaft to one piece of DOM tubing and eliminated the center support bearing and all u-joints. I put the front disk off a motorcycle with dual calipers on the drive shaft and use that for my parking brake. Much much stronger. It easily has as much if not more stopping power then the regular dual brake setup. It does require aligning the engine perfectly with the front differential (real easy) but I had to add a polyethylene support at the disk to eliminate vibration and calipers must be 180 degrees across from each other. Eliminated about 25 pounds in the process.

Lenny

This weekend race is in the Laguna Salada just west of Mexicali the race is a 200 mile night race.

For the Baja 500 I will also be there near the start and moving Erendira by 2pm to watch them again and provide pit support. I will update with a few photos and any great videos of the Trophy Trucks.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By GWS
      I am looking for the part numbers for the primary and safety air filters that will fit a 2020 Tracker 800SX
    • By camojay
      When we first heard the noise, we immediately stopped driving it...at first we thought it might be a linkage issue, but after further inspection looks like the sound/jolting is coming from the rear diff. Took a video below...
      Anyone know what is creating the diff to skip/jump like this? We drained the diff oil and didn't look terrible, no metal.
      Other info that may be useful:
      1400 miles on it
      Recently tightened the E brake
      P.s. never posted on this forum before, let me know if the video does not work
      20240817_133539_1.mp4    
    • By Alien10
      I added lights to the Coleman Outfitter 550 last fall.   I bought lights on line from Nilight, a 300 W  12" light bar mounted forward and 2 square 4" floods for the rear.  Those are mounted on the roof corners facing rear and downward just beyond the tailgate.  Nilights seem to be of high quality, as I've had them on my garden tractor for 5 years and still flood the way ahead with great light. 
      Both the front and rear lights provide amazing illumination making the OEM headlamps look like parking lights.  Made a connector for the front bar that plugs into existing headlamp switch so it is just part of that circuit controlled by the headlamp switch.   Rear work lamps were wired in using a rocker switch installed in the dash.  Backed up to the garden with the work lights and was able to harvest some tomatoes well past sunset. 
      What have you used if anything for auxiliary lighting on your UTV?

• By Alien10
      A while back I was looking at an auction UTV plow and the mounting of it.  Looked like it had an "H" bar with two pins that hooked into brackets on the front frame of the UTV.   I have a bunch of 1/4" x2" angle iron, and some 2"x1/2" flat stock in the barn.   I was thinking of welding up a bolt on implement mount that would provide 2 holes about 14" apart, that pins could be used to hook up an "H" frame for a plow or even a straight bar across with pins to hold it in place.   The angle iron "A" would utilize the existing bumper mounting bolts front and bottom, and have the two channels "B" with holes for individual pins or one large bar across. Those channels would be welded to the ends of the angle iron. 
      Anyone ever try this for a front mount?   It would be close to  this one that is for sale on the net.  It is supposed to fit a KFI plow mount.  

• By sxr951
      wanted. 2015 or abouts engine/ air duct, cover console
      whatcha got! let me know thx!