Quantcast

Dead battery

Tinman

Anyone have problems with stock batteries on your joyner? Mine was dead after I left the buggy parked and the master switch off (no power) for 5 weeks. Before then, I had the rad/fan fusebox meltdown, which heated up the starter fuse connection. Had trouble starting it and nearly killed the battery.

Got a new 450 amp battery, hankook, but the little 'eye' was black, like every other eye on hankook batteries here. It didn't have enough juice to start the thing either. It's charging now.

Starting the thing jumping it from a truck. Should I be worried of something bigger, or is it just the batteries?

I use the Optima battery. I'm a strong beleiver that the typical flat plate battery doesn't take the jaring of off road riding well. The flate plates can vibrate causing early failure. The Optima battery uses a round coiled plate design which stays ridgid when the battery gets jarred around. I'm getting 8 years of service from the optima batteries in my Dodge diesel. I use the Optima marine battery for my Trooper which gives me lots of surplus cranking power should I run into a hard startingf problem when out in the middle of no where,

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.