Quantcast

Emergency brake seal kit

rwwiefer

I have been searching the Chinese market on master cylinders in general, getting close. One thing I have been finding is most of the parts on these are directly off import cars, quad's and motorcycles. Just havn't found the exact bolt pattern yet. Left messages at 3 dealers in Az but no one responds. Thought about maybe installing a line lock like they use in drag racing for a parking brake option.

My parking brake master cylinder failed and I was lucky enough to get one from a friend to replace it with, I think the problem with them is that the plunger is not protected from the element by a boot or anything else. May I suggest the every one put a piece of foam rubber around the shaft to help keep out the dirt and moisture.

Good luck with your search, let me know if you find something and I'll add it to parts and pieces.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mark Anderhalt
      Question, Does anyone know if a 700-cylinder, piston, and head fit on top of a 500-bottom end, Although I have a 500 and have rebuilt the 500 once, I'm thinking the lower end may be the same for both the 500 and the 700. Does anyone have information on that?
    • By Brett
      Fuel injected 700 starts great and idles great but touch the gas and it dies
    • By felo72
      Hello all. I purchased a brand new Massimo Buck 250 EFI in June for our farm and I've had the parking brake fail on me twice. I have approximately 250 miles on the vehicle. The first time was less than a month after receiving the UTV. We all of a sudden lost brake pressure and it would not start. I tracked the issue back to the parking brake. Upon removing the chain cover, I noticed the brake pad was missing and the caliper piston was touching the rotor. I found a set of brake pads online and replaced them myself. It's worked for several months and just happened again. Seems like a design flaw. I'm reaching out to see if there's an upgrade option available, or if I should replace the entire caliper with the brake pads? Thanks in advance for any advise.
      I submitted a warranty claim, so I'll keep this updated with what Massimo replies.
      When I replaced the brake pads the first time, back in July, my Son made a video on YouTube to show the unique caliper design. Here's a link if you wanted to check it out:

• By Michigan sport.
      I'm sure many of you are aware of Michigan's emergency brake requirement.  I'm wondering if anyone has a good solution. 
      Beyond paying the few fab places $$$$.. I'm curious is there another rear caliper with e brake style that would interchange with slight mods to  the Maverick sport rear mounting bracket?
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?