Quantcast

Mod.s on a slim budget

McFadyen62

Nice mods. I'm a "thrifty outfitter" myself. Harbor Freight has some down and dirty pricing on Winches and hitch adapters, etc. I'm thining I want to add a 2" receiver to each end and then mount my winch on a 2" tube and a mounting plate. That way I can move it to either end if needed.

Thanks man. I got the winch from Tractor Supply for $49 because they are changing brands. I couldn't pass that up.

• 4 months later...

Ultimately I did mount a 2 in. receiver to the front frame and made a pivoting snowplow to plow my 650 ft. Driveway. I found some V-bar chains on Amazon for about $35 and put 7 seventy pound sand bags in the back for traction. Plowed my drive all winter and it worked AMAZINGLY well for a 2WD! I got stuck twice when I got too close to the edge of the driveway. All I had to do was shovel out the snow around the tires and drove out! My cloth cab and Radiator heater mods allowed me to plow in great comfort, warm enough so I couldn't see my breathe at some pretty cold temps. Read my heater post on this site for more details on that mod.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Buck
      My father-in-law has a Hisun 750.  It has started to not change gears while running.  He can turn it off, change gears, then restart and it will change.  I thought it might have something to do with the brake but can’t find any info.  Thanks in advance for any info.

• By sxr951
      2015 massimo 700.. need cylinder bolt!  it some special cut from factory,, its a 125 thread but its like between 8 and 10 mm  dont know where to find any ideas? thx
    • By Joe Breaux
      just an update on my MSU 500 . For all the misery it caused me the first 2 yrs, and the combination of some quality YAMAHA parts, it has now become a reliable ,useful UTV without the constant fear of having to push or tow it back from trails. I have not had a single issue pop up in a very long time.. FINALLY!....and as a side note, I just bought  a C FORCE 600 ATV to replace an old and well used  Honda that finally after 18 yrs gave up a rod bearing.  So far the new one has really impressed me .. I like the new Power Steering and  this CVT Auto Trans is new to me on an ATV .. I m used to constant shifting on my Hondas .  It also has something I have never seen. Its EBS  engine brake system, as soon as you let go of throttle, it engine brakes you to a stop rather quickly.. its great idea for the grandkids safety . Takes a little getting used to tho.. All in all, I like it. We shall see how durable it is after break-in.. I do "RIDE" them! .....and they honor their warrenty! and the dealer is 15 minutes away.. 
    • By BernieG
      I could really use some help identifying some disconnected components on a Yard Sport YS400. The first part is this pipe, which comes out of the exhaust port area or the cylinder. It looks like it had a piece of rubber hose on it, but the hose is gone, and I have no idea what it was previously connected to.

The second item is this vacuum valve looking thing.  Again only one line is still attached.  What is it's function and what other lines should be connected to it?

The last thing is this hose, which exits the side top of the fuel tank (not the fuel line hose) but is not connected to anything

Any help the community could provide would be greatly appreciated.  This UTV belongs to a friend, and I am trying to help him get it running correctly for his kids.
    • By great8redsfan
      Okay folks. I have a low power issue. Been like this for a few years. Place I work at bought 3 and all have lost most of the pulling power.  They gave them away after local shop worked on one for 3 months and it had great power for about 1 month and then crap. They replaced throttle body, fuel injector, spark plug and IAC motor. Seat belt switches have wires cut and left open so no seat belt warning light anymore. It revs to 6k rpm in neutral but when put in gear and take off in low it just doesn’t seem to want to go anymore. Running 93 octane fuel with Stabil.  Any ideas greatly appreciated. I dont have a scan tool but no codes on dash. If held to floor it pops a little and runs almost 5K rpm but if I let off pedal about an inch it smoothed out and revs up to 6k rpm.