Quantcast

Oxygen sensor signal wire

Tinman

Does anyone know which of the 3 wires on the oxygen sensor (2 grey, 1 black) carries the signal I can tap into for an Air/fuel ratio gauge?

I have an annoying hesitation I'm trying to figure out, and just got the gauge in.

Also, the gauge taps into a narrow band sensor, which I think the joyner has. Am I correct, or do I have to get another O2 sensor?

Thanks to any who reply!!!

Do you have the computer wiring schematic? It can be downloaded from http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/ It's at the very end of the post.

According to the schematic, the one heavier wire is the 14 volt feed wire and the other two go to the computer. You could unplug the connector and measure the supply side voltage on each pin or measure the resistance to ground of the sensor side, the one with a resistance will be power, the two with out resistance to ground will be you sensor.

Joyners are narrow band. A narrow band sensor doesn't tell you much. It only senses rather it is too rich or too lean but not by how much. I don't think I would waste my time on the narrow band.

Lenny

Do you have the computer wiring schematic? It can be downloaded from http://www.utvboard.com/topic/392-parts-pieces-and-information-for-our-troopers-joyners/ It's at the very end of the post.

According to the schematic, the one heavier wire is the 14 volt feed wire and the other two go to the computer. You could unplug the connector and measure the supply side voltage on each pin or measure the resistance to ground of the sensor side, the one with a resistance will be power, the two with out resistance to ground will be you sensor.

So does that mean that it doesn't matter which of the two I connect to?

Joyners are narrow band. A narrow band sensor doesn't tell you much. It only senses rather it is too rich or too lean but not by how much. I don't think I would waste my time on the narrow band.

Lenny

The A/F guage does say to connect to narrow band, but I can understand what you mean. If it doesn't work well, I can always pull the last O2 sensor and install a wide band one. There is a thread on replacement O2 sensors somewhere here...

All connected to the second 02 sensor.

Funny thing happens - the first minute or two I'm reading lean, as in 16/1 pretty much through the whole rev band, then my readings go all screwy - from 11/1 to 20/1. Sometimes I get confirmation by how the T2 runs, but sometimes not. Any ideas?

You need to be on the first sensor, not the second. Don't know if this will help what your getting but you will get incorrect values from the second sensor. The second sensor is after the catalytic converter and the catalytic converter alters the values of the fuel and oxygen. You need to be looking at the gases comming directly from the engine, so start there.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.