Quantcast

RZR 4 900 or Wildcat 4.

Sshaw78

I need help! I'm about to purchase a 4 seat side by side and have my choices narrowed down to the RZR4 900 xp LE and the new Arctic Cat Wildcat 4 seater. Which is better? I'll be riding with my wife and 2 year old in all kinds of different terrain. Some sand dunes and some woods. Any opinion would help. Thanks!

Only what I have read & seen on TV. Rzr is better for the dunes as power is king with lighter weight. Wildcat in the woods as supension is suppose to be better softer ride with more seat room . BOTH are great so you can't lose. Get the best deal, extras and best warranty for your dollar.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

• 2 weeks later...

I think the wildcat 4 is insanely long thanks to the rear trailing arms. I would buy a RZR XP 2 seater and put a rear bench seat in it. It will fit your kid until he or she is 8 years old. Or, if you can wait I think the best 4 seat option will be the Can Am Maverick. It will be shorter than the Wildcat 4 and have more horsepower.

I think the wildcat 4 is insanely long thanks to the rear trailing arms. I would buy a RZR XP 2 seater and put a rear bench seat in it. It will fit your kid until he or she is 8 years old. Or, if you can wait I think the best 4 seat option will be the Can Am Maverick. It will be shorter than the Wildcat 4 and have more horsepower.

Not sure what state you are in but California has a new law that took effect in January prohibiting the additional rear seat on any utv of 1000cc or less. They figure there were too many injuries involving these utv's where people added the rear seat in the back to make them four seaters. Originally they also had included that all passengers in utv's must be able to touch the floor board with their feet while seated with back against rear of seat but they took that part out.That is going to effect many owners from what i have seen.

Not sure what state you are in but California has a new law that took effect in January prohibiting the additional rear seat on any utv of 1000cc or less. They figure there were too many injuries involving these utv's where people added the rear seat in the back to make them four seaters. Originally they also had included that all passengers in utv's must be able to touch the floor board with their feet while seated with back against rear of seat but they took that part out.That is going to effect many owners from what i have seen.

Thank God I live in a state that isn't bankrupt, run by Hollywood liberals, and hasn't stripped me of all my freedoms. I guess people like it there because they voted themselves another tax increase. I feel bad for all the good people in Cali that aren't mezmorized by the glitz and glam still working hard for their money and trying to have some fun in the great recreational areas Cali has to offer.

I can see safety issues if it is not done correctly or professionally. Also, there are size limitations. If you are putting someone in back and their heads stick out that is a problem. Common sense dictates safety most often. Luckily you and I Rick still live in states which let us practice common sense.

My rear cage is 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM. If my Trooper were to roll down a hill the only thing that would be left would be the rear cage. It is like a safety pod for my kids. The Trooper cage is garbage. Eventually I will build a stronger cage. Until then, rolling over is not an option.

Thank God I live in a state that isn't bankrupt, run by Hollywood liberals, and hasn't stripped me of all my freedoms. I guess people like it there because they voted themselves another tax increase. I feel bad for all the good people in Cali that aren't mezmorized by the glitz and glam still working hard for their money and trying to have some fun in the great recreational areas Cali has to offer.

I can see safety issues if it is not done correctly or professionally. Also, there are size limitations. If you are putting someone in back and their heads stick out that is a problem. Common sense dictates safety most often. Luckily you and I Rick still live in states which let us practice common sense.

My rear cage is 1 3/4" .120 wall DOM. If my Trooper were to roll down a hill the only thing that would be left would be the rear cage. It is like a safety pod for my kids. The Trooper cage is garbage. Eventually I will build a stronger cage. Until then, rolling over is not an option.

2scoops,

I live in California and it is frustrating. Doesnt seem to matter what we vote for, always seems to go to supreme court and what the voters vote for is overturned. Look whats going before them now.

2scoops,

I live in California and it is frustrating. Doesnt seem to matter what we vote for, always seems to go to supreme court and what the voters vote for is overturned. Look whats going before them now.

You know I forgot you lived in California. I saw Lake Havasu AZ on your profile at a quick glance. You are my kind of Californian. If you can't tell I am frustrated with the government right now.