Quantcast

Heading out with the Jeep in Tow!!!

It's TIME!!! The '70 Jeep is totally road ready. Headed out next week with the Jeep in Tow behind the Motorhome for the AZ high country. This is the first of two summer trips to test the readiness of the Jeep for this winter's trip to Mexico. I took the Jeep out on its first long off-road drive Sunday and everything went well. The return leg of the Sunday drive was on the freeway cruising along at 60 mph. Very very pleased. I was also lucky enough to purchase a fiberglass hardtop last week for future install. For this trip, she will only have a bikini top but better than nothing. Future holds a hardtop with AC (Air Conditioning). I had the radiator rebuilt last week and I installed a new master cylinder. Sure was sorry I missed my ever Jamboree this last spring but as you can see the Jeep wasn't ready. Next Year!!!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

This one has the frame & engine (orginal 225 cu in ) that will be in the final Jeep. By this winter that will be the only parts that are left of the Jeep going on this trip. I even have another tub/body that I am currently restoring. Pics, I will go take a pic of the Jeep now. Will take pics of the trip and will upload when I have service strong enough at one of the parks. Check my Gallery!

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Michigan sport.
      I'm sure many of you are aware of Michigan's emergency brake requirement.  I'm wondering if anyone has a good solution. 
      Beyond paying the few fab places $$$$.. I'm curious is there another rear caliper with e brake style that would interchange with slight mods to  the Maverick sport rear mounting bracket?
    • By Farid
      Hey there,
      I’m trying to find a CVT (variator) for my Tracker Off Road 800SX Crew. Do you happen to have one, or know where I can get it?
      Also, if you’ve got any other parts for this model, I’d love to hear about them!
      Thanks a lot!
    • By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/
    • By Clint
      New to the side x side experience.  I bought a Coleman 550 Outfitter and I've seen conflicting comments about whether to use high or low range for running around under 15 mph.  Comments?
    • By Mater Help
      I have a 2019 Bennche Warrior that I mostly use around my property for odd jobs. I also cruise the neighborhood and make short runs to the local pub and neighbors houses. The exhaust system is super loud. I was hoping to find something that will fit and work that is quieter. I have included a photo of the system that is on the unit now. Any ideas or recommendations? 
      Second question: Recently, it has become hard to shift from park to any gear if the engine is running. The shifter moves fine if the engine is off. It is almost as if the clutch (no pedal) is not disengaging completely. I have not tried to do anything to correct the condition yet but as it gets increasingly more difficult, I need to do something.  Looking for a place to start. Nothing in the service manual that I can find. 
      Any help will be greatly appreciated,