Quantcast

Coolant sensor

dnastauf

I,m new to this, but here is my story.

I recently purchased a used 2014 1100 R2 with 293 miles. The original owner was a mechanic and made some mods to it, but I'm the guy who has to straighten them out. Would you believe he put an aftermarket turbo on it and because he couldn't line up the waste gate actuator he just put a spring on the waste gate lever to a bolt on the block.You want to talk about boost. That has been fixed. Now for the current problem. When I first got it the only way it would start was if you stepped on gas to start it. Followed some of the tips on this forum and replaced IAC step motor. It now starts fine, but on cold start after about 5 or 10 seconds drops down 500 rpms and hardly stays running until it hits about 140 degrees. I have check the CTS and I just want to make sure I have it right. Some of the instructions in the manuals are a little cage. I checked the resistants between terminal a and c and get no resistants, c and b was 19.75 which is about right concidering it was 27 degrees C. If I'm reading the manual a and c is for the ECU and c and b are for the gage. So I guess that my ECU is not getting any signal, so it isn't richening the mixture when could. Am l correct or not?

I adjusted the idle screw and made sure MAP sensor and throttle body were clean( just for general maintenance ). It now idles at 900rpm and starts everyone without stepping on throttle. Thanks for the help, I would never have thought just adjusting idle would make such a difference.

One other question, I realize you are a Joyner parts dealer. Is there any wiper kit avaialbe for my Joyner?

And again Thanks for the help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Hutch
      Okay everyone, need some help here. I got my 2014 Bennche Bighorn 700 from my father inlaw. He has had it since new and as far as I know never had any problems with it until recently. It began with it being hard to start and having to give it some throttle for it to start up. Then it wouldn't stay running once it did start. If you go to start it, it will fire right off and only run for a split second and then die. If you give it some throttle it will start and stay running as long as your foot is on the pedal. While it's running its pretty rough and backfires. Here is a list of everything I've done so far. Initially I checked compression and it was low. I changed the cylinder, piston and rings. Took the head apart cleaned and laped the valves. Checked timing a few times. Adjusted the valves. New spark plug. Checked the air filter, it was fine. New battery. Changed the fuel pump because of a broken fitting. Changed the fuel filter, lines and fuel injector. Dumped the old fuel and put new in. Changed the air idle control, TPS, MAP sensor, Voltage Regulator, ECU and harness. I was getting codes 31, 107, 113 and 122 on the display. Once I changed the ECU no more codes have been displayed but still have the same issues. All fuses look good and as far as I can tell Grounds are good unless there are some I can't find. I'm at a loss here. Not really sure where to go. Compression was better after everything I did but I don't remember the numbers. I'll have to check it again if someone thinks that could be the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • By WCF
      Hi Joyner Gang
      New to the Joyner group. I'm making long travel for the 1100 Sand viper. I'm trying to make something that will work as well or even better than the RZR Rino etc. At this time the front has 14" travel rear has 16" of travel. Still developing the suspension. comets are welcome. Ask questions and I will get back to the Forum 

?

• By Paul Angstadt
      Hi everybody. I just bought a 2012 Hisun with the 700cc engine. Was wondering where i could find a service manual for this thing?
      Its going to need some parts that are missing, like the air intake hoses and other things. Also the dash display is out. the only light that works is neutral light. Not even sure on the model. from pics I've seen, it looks like an HS700. Kind of grey with the black stripes on the hood. Just hoping i can find parts for it.
      Thank you for any advice you can give me. By the way, it does run and goes forward and reverse.
      Paul