Quantcast

2014 coleman 700 utv starts idles about 15 seconds then dies any thoughts would be appreciated

Ok- here’s a thought. I’ve run into similar situations on outboards. They run when the enrichment loop is active at startup and quit when it kicks out. Backfiring through intake can also be from lean mixture. Put a spark checker on and as the engine dies see if you continue to have spark as it winds down. Now it could also be timing, but if it runs rather normally at idle till it quits I would be less likely to think so. But for the heck of it check the crank position sensor. Good luck. Keep us posted. 

Pop Bob

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Steve Vanvelzen
      I Recently purchased a Massimo T-Boss 550F last fall with their 60" snow thrower because I couldn't find a decent UTV here in Southern Ontario; nothing in stock anywhere. I am having really bad buyer's remorse after spending time on it and reading all the bad online reviews. The company boasts the fact that it is built in Texas, USA, so I was hoping to do the right thing by buying, "Made In North America" but it is still Chinese Junk, assembled in the USA. and I am starting to realize that I am going to have a lot of difficulty getting parts for this thing; I can't even get an oil filter, finally bought a "Hisun" filter and hope it fits. i busted the shear pins in the snow thrower and can't find replacements for that either. The thing is so hard to change gears most of the time; I am terrified I am going to wreck something. The place I purchased it from is absolutely useless. Can I adjust something myself? Anyone out there have this problem and have some advice (besides selling it and buying a good brand)?
    • By rocket100
      Just got my new Renegade R2 delivered with 2.6 miles on it and changing all the fluids.  They must put everything including the oil filter with an impact.
      Last thing is taking the the skid plate off to change the transmission fluid.  Any suggestions??   
    • By 2-8
      Hello to one and all. I am a new member in need of clarification on the topic of tire weight ratings. 
      I am one of the people waiting for the stop sale to end on the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT EPS (among others). I have been using my wait time to search for new tires since I don't like the stock tires. I will be keeping the stock 12 inch rims.
         For the life of me I cant find any kind of tire that would be suitable as far as weight rating.
         The Mule weighs 1911 lbs. If I add 6 men at 200 lbs. per man and put a 200 lb. deer in the bed that brings me to a total of 3311 lbs. total weight. That means I need a tire with a weight rating of at least 827.75 lbs. I don't know that a UTV tire like that even exists.
         My question is, where is my thinking wrong? Everyone I know is running under rated tires if my thinking is correct on how to figure this. I would think the weight and rating should work together or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

• By Chick Collins
      The people at Odes think they have the right to re-write the Bill of Rights for us. On their website, they have bastardized the 2nd Amendment to say, "2.Right to keep and bear arms for the purpose of a well-regulated militia.",  What the 2nd Amenment really says is,  "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    • By Dan B
      Disclaimer:  My spell checker thinks it knows more of what words I want to use than I do.  Typos are not my fault.
      This is a general comment on the support I received from Joyner-USA in Phoenix, AZ.  I needed one headlight assembly for my Renegade because the mounting pin was broken.  Duct tape and bailing wire held it in place for a few years.  To my surprise, they had them IN STOCK.  I bought two and kept one of  my good old ones as a backup.   They completed their move to a new address at 2415 S 18th Pl, Phoenix AZ from their former Riverside location.  As a gift, Jake gave me two T-shirts.  He said he as most of the parts for my  2014 Joyner Renegade.  I looked at his yard and he has several engines and UTVs in stock, mostly the 1100cc engines and several Renegades.  Maybe a Trooper or two was buried in there somewhere.  Everything was crated and outdoors.  I hope he moves his inventory indoors, out of the weather.  Their website says their hours are 9:00AM - 5:00PM but their actual hours are 10:00AM - 5:00PM.  I arrived at about 9:20AM and no one was there; place locked up.  I was a little upset that with a 9:00AM opening, someone should have been there.  I was concerned that I made a 70 mile round trip for nothing.  Fortunately, one of his employees showed up and told me of their later hours.  So, everything turned out fine.  I got the parts I needed and two T-shirts.  This is based upon a one time, 1st time experience.  I hope future vists are just as good.