Quantcast

2008 Commando 650 issues

myst3ry

Hi all . new here , and from manitoba canada

just traded a skidoo for a 2008 commando 650

had some issues but overall not bad

problem i have is it was running and then just quit ...

now i have zero digital led cluster , it flickers for a second when ya turn key on then goes off and stays off .

no power to radio any more either ...

i have a lightbar hooked up and switches on and off ,because its wired direct i suppose ,  i have had battery charger on unit charging battery also , which dont make a difference ,

i went today and bought 2 new relays and put them in , no change ..

i have like zero power going out it seems ... the digital dash will not stay lit up , no cranking over of any sorts , no fuel pump noise , not sure if it suppose to make noise or not , ...

i have found random fuses 2 to be exact and replaced them and they werent burnt , and still no change ...

it seems to be a wiring nightmare under passenger seat , someone made a mess of wiring , i have disconnected winch and misc stuff ...

any idea what would be going on ,, like i dont understand why the digital cluster would light for a split second and then go off .

i have attached 2 pictures because i am unsure of what these 2 objects are in the pictures ..

any help is greatly appreciated ....

1 more thing to add , the clutch cable is broken i have new one , just havent replaced it yet , would there be a sensor or something so it knows whether clutch is engaged or not top start as a safety feature ?

it had started in gear before when i picked it up from previous owner so im thinking no , but unsure , so i  will ask here ..

any help is greatly appreciated ...

super frustrating ...

thanks

i can take more pictures if required also ..

20170319_163824.jpg

20170319_164013.jpg

Edited by myst3ry
additions

Silverbullet

The 2 pictures are signal flasher with pig tail and the other is voltage reg.The first thing to do is call me.It is 2 complicated to explane buy  email.

I will walk you through it.call me so you can interact with me what problems it could be  928 344 2117.I now they want me to use email.But to many things it could be. After we solve this i will explain.On the utv board

• 3 weeks later...

when I turn key backwards as.per accessory   the oil light is on and.stays on  but never no matter what do.i get.a lit up digital gauge...maybe a flicker of the gauge for a split second but that's about it  I haven't called yet because I haven't had time and still too cold outside to work on it    

nobody around here has heard of.joyner and I am lost with this thing  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kingfish
      The conversion took about 350lbs. off the vehicle.  It never rode great, but now I feel every  crack in the road.  I have backed off spring compression nut to the point just under where they would move around if suspension was at full extension, but it is still very stiff.  I would like to put some softer coilover springs on it, but I have no idea what the spring rate is with the original springs so I would just be guessing on what to order.  Does anyone have the data for the original spring compression rate?  I am willing to give up a little ground clearance for a softer ride. Right now when sitting still the rear suspension is at or near full extension and the rear tires have several degrees of camber which will cause uneven wear if allowed to continue in this state.
    • By Hutch
      Okay everyone, need some help here. I got my 2014 Bennche Bighorn 700 from my father inlaw. He has had it since new and as far as I know never had any problems with it until recently. It began with it being hard to start and having to give it some throttle for it to start up. Then it wouldn't stay running once it did start. If you go to start it, it will fire right off and only run for a split second and then die. If you give it some throttle it will start and stay running as long as your foot is on the pedal. While it's running its pretty rough and backfires. Here is a list of everything I've done so far. Initially I checked compression and it was low. I changed the cylinder, piston and rings. Took the head apart cleaned and laped the valves. Checked timing a few times. Adjusted the valves. New spark plug. Checked the air filter, it was fine. New battery. Changed the fuel pump because of a broken fitting. Changed the fuel filter, lines and fuel injector. Dumped the old fuel and put new in. Changed the air idle control, TPS, MAP sensor, Voltage Regulator, ECU and harness. I was getting codes 31, 107, 113 and 122 on the display. Once I changed the ECU no more codes have been displayed but still have the same issues. All fuses look good and as far as I can tell Grounds are good unless there are some I can't find. I'm at a loss here. Not really sure where to go. Compression was better after everything I did but I don't remember the numbers. I'll have to check it again if someone thinks that could be the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    • By Woody77
      UTV MASSIMOREPLACED STATOR WANT start replaced rectifier still want start stator ohms out 5 ohms each leg what could be wrong at this point 
    • By Browner010
      Recently I had an overheating issue on my 2022 Coleman Outfitter 550 (Hisun UT550) and to check to make sure it was fixed I took it out for a ride around the block. After a couple cycles on the LED coolant meter, I took it for a couple mile ride and on my way back I heard a loud metallic snap then a grinding noise. It was still able to move under its own power but very slowly. I was about 2 blocks from the truck so 'I limped it home and up onto the trailer. I know I need to tear it apart and look for what broke, but anyone have a guess as to where to start? I'm seriously getting tired of this damn machine! 750 miles on it and already replaced the belt, wet clutch, primary clutch, clutch roller weights among a few other things. Seriously, this friggin machine has spent more time on the lift than on the road. I thought I bought this new because it was from the owner of a tractor supply, but he registered it under the stores name making me the 2nd owner voiding any and all warranties.
      Any Ideas what to look for would be appreciated.
      Thanks