Quantcast

Spark arrestor install

Got my spark arrestor installed, the way they did the exhaust for the turn I couldn't make one fit before.  Only had .045 dual shield on hand but I made it work.  Didn't get enough discs so I didn't put the cap on yet.  Turned out pretty good though.  One photo shows how it was, elbow too short to mount anything to.  Also would've put on top of the tire.

IMG_4732.JPG

IMG_4812.JPG

IMG_4813.JPG

• 10 months later...

I got it on amazon, it’s made by empi.  They have several configurations.  They’re made for Volkswagens of higher displacement so I figured this would get me the flow I need, I run 24 discs with a turbo.

That being said my exhaust came modified because I bought my unit with the unleashed motorsports turbo kit installed. I had to cut the elbow off the cat and weld on a 2” straight section to mount this to, then I made a bracket to support it.  What they gave me was no muffler and an elbow pointing right at the tire, no way to mount a spark arrest  which meant I basically couldn’t take it any where legally.  One of several reasons I wasn’t impressed with their turbo install, but they said I’d void the warranty on the trooper if I installed it myself so I had no choice.

• 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Rainman
      I just picked up a 2021 Coleman UT400 and one of the things it needs is a gas cap. I believe it needs the 2021+ version with mail threads. Anybody know where I can get one? Coleman isn't shipping anything out right now. I believe the part number is P315001811400000. The only after market gas caps I see available are before 2021.
    • By Browner010
      Recently I had an overheating issue on my 2022 Coleman Outfitter 550 (Hisun UT550) and to check to make sure it was fixed I took it out for a ride around the block. After a couple cycles on the LED coolant meter, I took it for a couple mile ride and on my way back I heard a loud metallic snap then a grinding noise. It was still able to move under its own power but very slowly. I was about 2 blocks from the truck so 'I limped it home and up onto the trailer. I know I need to tear it apart and look for what broke, but anyone have a guess as to where to start? I'm seriously getting tired of this damn machine! 750 miles on it and already replaced the belt, wet clutch, primary clutch, clutch roller weights among a few other things. Seriously, this friggin machine has spent more time on the lift than on the road. I thought I bought this new because it was from the owner of a tractor supply, but he registered it under the stores name making me the 2nd owner voiding any and all warranties.
      Any Ideas what to look for would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    • By Robby
      Hello, I have a 2013 500 utv hisun. Was running ok and cut out while parked. Bike will not start now. It turns over, but won't fire. I have no spark and no fuel. I replaced fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi, voltage rectifier and all the fuses and relays. Could bad stater cause no fuel because I can't hear the fuel pump priming. Any info on where to start looking for problem.
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.