Quantcast

800 Joyner engine Gage's don't work

All Gage's except the speedometer and tachometer.  I do understand that these two Gage's are fed from the computer and the rest from sending units.  For the engine oil pressure, engine temperature, alternator, and fuel Gage's, I have checked fuses, sending units and wiring harnesses for loose or broken wires, and have even changed out one of the Gage's but nothing has changed.  I have read forums and have not been able to gather any information to assist me.  Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I have a Renegade but the wiring is probably close to the same.  Take a close look at your speedometer and tachometer connections.  There's one wire that goes to all of  your gauges including the speedometer and tachometer.  A break in the wire at one of those two (speed or tach) will interrupt the power going to the rest of the gauges.  That's the only thing common to all of your gauges (other than the fuse which you said   is good).  I should ask if your warning lights work.  They are powered from that same wire.  If they don't operate, then I'm leaning to a bad connection at the speed or tachometer.

Trooper Wiring.jpg

Edited by Dan B
Add image to clearify answer.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By lmarkie
      I swapped out the Subaru motor for a Predator 670cc. If I remove the heat shield around the muffler, The stock muffler sits in there just fine with 1" to spare.
      Only problem is the exhaust exit is toward the back seat instead of out the back.
      Do you all think that the stock exhaust would be okay (just as effective) if cut a hole and welded a pipe on the reversed (opposite) end? Of course, plug the old exit end. Other option I thought of was to roll a tube 180° with a 7" center line radius and finish extention of 12" or so.
      Any thoughts?
    • By Wesley
      I have a 2022 500 Hisun product, I have had them in the past. I change my oil myself and trying to drain through the hole where I remove the plug is a mess.  How does everyone keep the belly pan clean during the oil and filter service?

Wes Jackson
    • By amiracle40995
      I've never seen the temperature go high on this thing. the fan runs almost all the time even though the sensor is  reading at the very bottom of it's range. ive taken the cylinder head off.  (nothing definitive but maybe a little fuel on top of piston with oil in it.i don't think this has anything to do with my problem )head gasket is 3 layers deep and I noticed some grit that might have been in between layers but nothing to say the head gasket wasn't intact.  black carbon build up on piston. I've looked all over the head for cracks from over heating. I'm about to look again for hairline cracks that are extremely difficult to see. my buddy helping me said to order rings in case they are letting oil pass thru he also said get a new head gasket.. I'm looking at water in oil first and I'm not ordering rings. I haven't checked the oil cooler to see if it's defective yet.  I'm just hoping someone had a similar problem. my only problem so far has been having to change the spark plug every 100 miles with 93 octane run thru it. 
    • By Sisco
      Does any have a part number for the fuel pump sock for a 2016 challenger 700 efi. Does not show on any parts diagram but the old pump has one on it.