Quantcast

LM300 not starting

We recently purchased a Land Master 300. The sellers did not have a manual. or even a title. It was advertised as a 2015 model. The ad was put up by one of the two owners. When we received the "Bill of sale" they provided, the other owner in filling it out, entered that it is a 2014. The only manual I have found online is a generic one for all of American Sportsworks UTVs. The lights will come on, using the key ignition the engine doesn't turn over.  There is no noise or indication that the motor is engaging. It will crank if you pull start it (with the choke on). Using the manual I downloaded online, I cannot find the spark plug, or the oil dip stick. Since it appears there is no "spark" when I turn it on, I conclude it must be the starter or the spark plug. Could the battery be down and the lights work, but it won't start? Does anyone have a manual for this LM300 with an accurate engine diagram? Is there any way to get a good manual or know for sure what year model we have? Can we get a new title in my name? Thanks for your help!

8 hours ago, MisterLM said:

We recently purchased a Land Master 300. The sellers did not have a manual. or even a title. It was advertised as a 2015 model. The ad was put up by one of the two owners. When we received the "Bill of sale" they provided, the other owner in filling it out, entered that it is a 2014. The only manual I have found online is a generic one for all of American Sportsworks UTVs. The lights will come on, using the key ignition the engine doesn't turn over.  There is no noise or indication that the motor is engaging. It will crank if you pull start it (with the choke on). Using the manual I downloaded online, I cannot find the spark plug, or the oil dip stick. Since it appears there is no "spark" when I turn it on, I conclude it must be the starter or the spark plug. Could the battery be down and the lights work, but it won't start? Does anyone have a manual for this LM300 with an accurate engine diagram? Is there any way to get a good manual or know for sure what year model we have? Can we get a new title in my name? Thanks for your help!

silverbulletmotorsports

Try this phone number they say they sell parts.(888)-926-6554

If it runs it is not the spark plug.    Sounds like a starter wire is loose or broke.

Check all the wiring and fuses. Trace the wires from the ignition (key switch) to the starter.  Be sure all the cables and wires are clean and tight.

Do a battery test.

Which engine does it have?  If you don't know engine brand post pictures of the engine. My 2010 Sportworks has the Subaru/Robins engine.

Let me know if I can help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Same buggy just a picture the day I got it. The man I got it from used it in his pecan orchard.  By the way, we used it yesterday where we hunt on my Granddaddy's farm and it did great. Hauled everything we needed and ran great in 98 degree weather. True enough that it rides stiff but hauled everything without a hitch. I'm sure if we were more inclined to race or pleasure ride I would look for something else but I'm thinking it will work out good for a hunting, hauling and work buggy. I also have a 1988 Dodge Dakota we use down there but the buggy works out a heap better. Just no a.c. on the buggy.