Quantcast

Help please! 08 T/2 1100...shifter cable replacement nightmare!

Damage442

We have put the Cables on my 08 T/2 1100 just as directed by putting into neutral, removing the old cables then installing the new ones...now the problem...there's no 3rd or 4th gear...so we have 1st,2nd and 5th, it shifts right through the pattern but yet 3rd and 4th won't grab a gear....we are at a loss...could someone help us out here.? Thanks!

Keep trying.. gotta find neutral. The cable that moves the shifter up and down on the trans is now adjusted..

There's going to be alot more trying issues then this problem. Get someone that will help you that understands things like these..

Not being smart but I don't have one anymore and it's hard to tell you how to adjust these cables. These joyner are not like typical side by sides. . There's no good manual and are left in dark and have to be able to make things just work or fit.

Good luck on your endeavor.

• Like 1

This is my guess.  It sounds like what you are saying is that the transmission is staying in neutral during the 3rd and 4th gear operation.  Have someone operate the gear shift through all 5 speeds.  While you're under the vehicle, observe the shift lever operation when shifting from 2nd to 3rd, from 3rd to 4th and from 4th to fifth.  I'm thinking that each cable has 3 positions (forward, middle, back).  When in any forward gear, one or both of the cables must be away from the middle position (the middle position should be neutral).  If both are in the middle position when in 3rd or 4th, then obviously to me at least, the cable that selects 3rd & 4th gear isn't moving the shift lever on the transmission.  Check the adjustment and position of that cable at the shift lever and the transmission.  Maybe the lever and cable are moving but the shaft on the transmission isn't.  Maybe the new cable itself is defective.  It's hard to troubleshoot from a distance, so I'm only offering a suggestion.  Whenever I work on something and it doesn't work, my first and only suspicion is that I did something incorrectly and it wasn't necessarily caused by a failure.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advise, we have started in neutral and tried this over and over...we have everything exposed so we can see everything moving as we do it...I can help but think I may have internal damage but I have no idea...it seems like I've gotten it into 3rd by helping it but that wasn't under power. My guess is to maybe manually put it in 3rd or what I think is 3rd and start off in that gear just to see if it's still there. What do you guys think?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Greg Kilgore
      Was at Lowe's over the weekend. The wife and I seen they have a new Axis 550. That thing is sharp. Has a complete door. Speakers in door. Bigger engine. Bench seats. New styling all the way around. Looks to be more air tight than my 2022 model. I really like the looks but $10k is out of my price range for now. Unless I could sell mine. And the resale on the Axis 500 is nothing.
      Went to the local wally world today. See a 4 person Polaris General 1000 on the back of a trailer. That Polaris looked exactly like a stretched version of the Axis 550. Even down to the vents in the windshield.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the Axis 550 is a copy of the Polaris?
    • By Isaac
      I have a 2013 odes dominator when I get in it.  It ideals fine but when you give it gas it bogs and goes and bogs and won’t go passed 30 can anyone help me 
    • By diamondjfarm
      I got an old 2003 Arctic Cat 375 Auto, and just bought a 2008 AC 650 side by side. Got a new starter, solenoid, and battery for the 650. Gonna change the crankcase oil and filter while I'm at it.
      Anything I oughta watch out for from them that's done the starter/solenoid on this model?
      Don't have a manual yet for the 650. Any recommendations for oil weight/grade?
      Thanks.
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By FGT
      QUESTION: How to wire the C/B into this current dual battery set up.

EXISTING SITUATION: MAIN Battery is OEM and feeds OEM circuits. Added an AUX Battery in the OEM dual battery location. Connected the AUX - terminal to the MAIN - terminal. Connected the 100A Accessory Fuse Block power cable to the AUX + terminal. Installed a smart isolator between AUX and MAIN batteries where a cable from AUX + goes to the isolator and a cable from isolator to MAIN battery + terminal. Installed separate QD battery tender cables to both AUX and MAIN batteries + and -. The dual battery system appears to work as intended. For this Phase 1 improvement, to avoid having to constantly pull the leads on the AUX + battery post off and put on, for testing or maintenance of Accessory circuits, I wanted a more convenient and safer way to open the circuit from the AUX battery + terminal the Accessory Fuse Block. I called an off road dealership and was told to install a much larger capacity circuit breaker than the 100A rated Fuse Block and was recommended to get a 250A C/B like the one in the pic, which I did. I was told the reason for the C/B high amp rating was two-fold (a) to trip in the event of a battery short circuit and (b) to be able to conveniently open the C/B to kill power to the Accessory Fuse Block without removing leads from the AUX + terminal. The 250A C/B has two posts labelled "BAT LOAD" and "BAT LINE". There are currently three connections to the AUX + post: (1) Accessory Fuse Block power cable, (2) cable to Isolator AUX in terminal, (3) cable from AUX battery charger.