Quantcast

Head swap 500/700?

Stupid question but just wandering, why do you want to swap the head and piston?
 you can only get a new  (OEM) piston with a piston kit for the 500 and 700.  http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CRANKSHAFT_PISTON_MSU500/     http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CRANKSHAFT_PISTON_MSU_700/

the piston kits are the exact same part numbers, so i assume  they are interchangeable.

here is the OEM cam http://sportsmancountry.com/Massimo_Parts/CAMSHAFT_CHAIN_MASSIMO/

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how you can swap the heads to get more power.  The part numbers are not the same.  Crankshaft part numbers are not the same, either.

13101-004-0000-KIT Piston Kit, HS UTV 400/500

13101-007-0000-KIT Piston Kit, HS UTV 700

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By shepdog
      I just picked up a 2009 bmx utv 500, there is a small 'nipple' on the water pump, its barbed like a hose goes on it , where is that little hose Suposed to go? 
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By mac66
      I bought a used 2021 Axis 500 last April.  Low mileage and got it for considerably less than what they go for new.
      The first thing I did was change the oil/fluids and also put a new drive belt on it.  The only other thing I did to it was add a rear vinyl window that zips open and rolls up to keep the weather off.
      I used it on my 52 acre property to check trail cameras, service the food plots, haul fertilizer, seed etc etc. It's has a good size bed and is not too big or small.  It has worked well as a utility vehicle. 
      Other than using on the trails working around the property I haven't used it much off road...at least until last weekend when I went on 74 mile group ride around the county. In my state it's legal to ride on any road that's not a state or federal highway. The group started in town, rode about 30 miles on back roads to the state ORV trail system. Then did about 20 miles on the trails and then headed back via back roads to town.   
      It had rained for 2 days straight prior, so the trails were one mud hole after another.  It was very challenging.
      The good...
      -It worked fine, never had any kind of issue with it since I bought it.
      -It kept up with more expensive machines on the trails. I was the only one with a CCC (Cheap Chinese Crap) machine.
      -Fairly comfortable to drive.
      -The roof, windshield and rear window kept most of the rain off when it started raining in the afternoon.
      -Okay, I cheated. I peeled off the AXIS 500 stickers on each side. Everybody in the group assumed I had a Rhino. They didn't ask, I didn't tell.
      The not so good...
      -The horsepower rating on the 500-cc engine is 24 hp but it seemed underpowered. While I could go about 35 mph with the pedal to the metal on pavement and hard packed dirt roads the best I could do on loose packed roads was 27 mph. I had trouble keeping up with the others in the group.  It also bogs down on inclines in high gear.  On the other hand, in low gear and 4wd I didn't have any problems going through mud or sand or up hills.
      -It is LOUD! Had to wear shooting earmuffs to keep my ears from ringing while riding. Going to have to address that.
      Overall Impression...
      I was impressed with it on the trails, and it is a good utility vehicle for working around the property. Considering what I paid for it I am very happy with its performance.
    • By Brent4a
      2022 Axis 700 overheating. We bled system several times, no luck yet. Weird thing is Radiator isn't getting hot and air coming into overflow jug. Doesnt seem like its moving water. Fan working fine, even wired it to turn on by switch. Only has 100 miles or so, just baffled. I am going to try bleeding more and see what happens. I did the head gasket test for fumes in the antifreeze, that was neg so far... Thanks
    • By Mike-Tatum
      I have a broken item I’m trying to find the name for so I can order a new one. The gas line goes to the fuel injector. What is the piece that attached the fuel line to the fuel injector; “Y” shape.
      Thanks
      Mike