Quantcast

Best SXS For Farm

the main thing is what's your budget? 

I would stay way from any "Cub Cadet" or "Massimo" utv's. parts aren't very easy find.

I would look at the Kawasaki Mule's, either the 610, or the Pro  FX series.

if that doesn't suit your fancy, probably a  Polaris Ranger would be the next best bet.

are there any dealers close by?

If you'll be spending a lot of time in the mud. You might want to think about one that has the six wheels, like the John Deere gator. Most of the top brands will work great in the mud, but they'll chew up a lot of ground doing it, when loaded. Independent suspension will help with a lot of the problems of traction. Also allowing larger, more aggressive tires to be added. But a buggy like that isn't ideal for towing, or hauling a load. 

What I'm saying is that you really need to fully understand the actual use it'll get. If it's truly intended for something like a working, muddy, dairy farm. The 6 wheel gator, or Polaris Ranger is popular there. I'd certainly check to see what Kubota has available. If you just need to hunt pigs in the back forty, then I'd suggest something small, with upgradeable power. They made a million Yamaha rhinos. Must be something to that. But as Travis has said, parts availability is key. So that means a well known brand. Also, factory authorized service can be handy if you don't work on it. 

If you're just fishing for a specific brand to begin your search. I'd check out the local tractor dealer. I know that Deere, and Kubota both have a SxS. Maybe the others have something? But this suggestion comes from the parts availability standpoint. I have a kawasaki mule, and dealerships are opening, and closing so fast, I have to make sure they're still there before making the drive. Most parts are dealer parts, and some things are best done in person. One last thing, you definitely want to consider a diesel. Gas is good for tearing up the grass, and mud, and flying over the berms. But when it comes to slow deliberate power, diesel is the way to go! That may dramatically change your options.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By hetovi
      Hey everyone,
      I’m in the market for a UTV windshield that can withstand extreme conditions, including high winds, dust, and off-road impacts.
      I’ve seen a lot of options out there, but I’m unsure which one will provide the best protection and durability.
      Does anyone have experience with windshields that excel in these environments? Are there specific brands or materials you recommend?
      I’m particularly interested in options that offer both durability and clarity.
      Any tips or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!
    • By hetovi
      Hey everyone,
      I recently purchased a CFmoto ATV and I'm looking to add some accessories to enhance its performance and usability.
      I'm curious about what you all consider essential add-ons for a CFmoto.
      Specifically, I'm interested in accessories that improve comfort, storage, and overall ride experience.
      Are there any brands or products that you’ve found to work particularly well with CFmoto models?
      Any tips on where to get the best deals would also be appreciated. Looking forward to your suggestions and advice!
    • By diamondjfarm
      I got an old 2003 Arctic Cat 375 Auto, and just bought a 2008 AC 650 side by side. Got a new starter, solenoid, and battery for the 650. Gonna change the crankcase oil and filter while I'm at it.
      Anything I oughta watch out for from them that's done the starter/solenoid on this model?
      Don't have a manual yet for the 650. Any recommendations for oil weight/grade?
      Thanks.
    • By sxr951
      2015 massimo 700.. need cylinder bolt!  it some special cut from factory,, its a 125 thread but its like between 8 and 10 mm  dont know where to find any ideas? thx
    • By Greg Kilgore
      I would really like to know what you guys think about this. I'll try not to ramble and make it as clear as I can.

I took this new job with companyX as a fiber splicer a year ago. I have a 45' bucket truck and 10or12 x 8 ft enclosed splice trailer I have to take home. Within the last 6 months all the management in the splice dept left. Now the power/construction management and higher ups are filling in. Just recently we were told travel to our 1st job is not payable even though we are in a company vehicle. 
      We are union so I asked the union business manager about this. His reply was be grateful you were paid travel as long as you were and that you don't have to drive your POV to the job.

Last week I had 50hr total. The job area is 4-4.5 hrs away. My time was reduced to 44.5 hrs since we were told this travel thing on Tuesday of that week. I wasn't hired for this area. I was hired for area a lot closer to home. 

Pay is good. Work is not hard. Insurance is through the union and so far pretty good.
      But I hate the thought of having to work extra just to make a 40hr paycheck. Anyone who has to drive as part of their job knows windshield time is not easy.

Anyway what do you guys think. Should I look for a different job or just suck it up because of the decent pay and health insurance.