Quantcast

2013 KRF750S Teryx will not run.

Have a 2013 KRF750S Teryx  that starts and runs 10-12 seconds and then shuts down.  Also ,  notice the Multifunction Meter panel acts like it looses power. Turn the key off then back on, the Multifunction Meter panel starts up, then immediately shuts down.  The machine needs to set for at least an hour before trying to start then shuts down again.  [i.e. the symptoms repeat]  I believe the ECU is failing but don't want to make a $500.00 mistake  The service manual only addresses failing sensors, not the ECU.   Any ideas on how to test if the ECU is failing?  If it was a car/truck, my computer scanner will tell me.

It would lead me to believe a faulty Ignition Coil, but when you mention the Multifunction panel, sure sounds like the  ECU to me. I don't how to test them, i would contact your local Kawasaki dealer or Kawasaki directly to see if there is a procedure for testing one.

6 hours ago, Travis said:

Did you ever get this sorted out?

Awaiting for  new ECU to show up Tuesday the 16th.  Contacted the local dealer, they said sure bring us the bike, pay $100.00 to Troubleshoot.  if it's the ECU. pay $550.00 for a new part plus 1.5 Labor hours @ $95.00/hour.  Said, nope, I will just replace it myself.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes, it was a combination of a bad ECU and Fuse Box Corrosion.  Once the owner gets it started, runs fine.  Now the issue is the battery is not charging.  Replace the Rectifier, got 14 vdc on the battery.  Now am only seeing 13 vdc.  When I have time , gonna have to verify the alternator output.  Then I am gonna have to make a new fuse box, can't buy one as you have to buy a complete wiring harness which is like $400.00  which the owner doesn't have. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Tony P
      Twice my hisun has been driven a few miles and turned off back at home. Get back on it same afternoon and console is dead, no lights. 
      Have 12.7 vdc at battery and fuses are good. I hear relays click in the fuse box and main relay clicks but everything is dead. 
      Any ideas on what this may be? I've seen this problem before on this forum but it never finished. 
      Any help is always appreciated. Thanks in advance! 

• By A P
      Hi
      I have a 2022 hisun sector eps 550. 30amp fuse is blown for eps. Checked the motor and it’s fine. Opened up the controller and found a bad diode. Dealer wanted 500$ for the controller. Just posting this in case it helps someone. I couldn’t read numbers from the old one so just took a guess and replaced it with a 100v 3amp diode. 
    • By Browner010
      Recently I had an overheating issue on my 2022 Coleman Outfitter 550 (Hisun UT550) and to check to make sure it was fixed I took it out for a ride around the block. After a couple cycles on the LED coolant meter, I took it for a couple mile ride and on my way back I heard a loud metallic snap then a grinding noise. It was still able to move under its own power but very slowly. I was about 2 blocks from the truck so 'I limped it home and up onto the trailer. I know I need to tear it apart and look for what broke, but anyone have a guess as to where to start? I'm seriously getting tired of this damn machine! 750 miles on it and already replaced the belt, wet clutch, primary clutch, clutch roller weights among a few other things. Seriously, this friggin machine has spent more time on the lift than on the road. I thought I bought this new because it was from the owner of a tractor supply, but he registered it under the stores name making me the 2nd owner voiding any and all warranties.
      Any Ideas what to look for would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    • By jimvmcgee
      I have a 2023 560 T Boss that I just noticed that back up lights not working, the camera come's on. The book tells you about tail light replacement, so was wondering if the lens is just there.
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.