Quantcast

Help with Limited Slip

GDS

I have a Brush Hog TH420 side by side and having trouble with spinning one tire. The other tire will kick in but only after you spin like hell and dig a hole. The final drive /gearbox is a Comer Industries out of Italy. The part number is 9.485.003.00, SN 0082, Date is E04.  I can find a parts breakdown. When you bring up the transaxle it shows the internal differential but no breakdown. It does say see diff assembly but there is no diff assembly.  I'm not sure if this type is no some other side by side. 

0715191459.jpg

With the older cars with limited slip rear ends you had to use certain fluid. It might be the cause of your problem.  Has it ever been changed?  How many hours, miles since the last change?           Manual says to use and change the transaxle fluid.                                                        Mobilube HD LS 80W-90  (or equivalent)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         https://www.manualslib.com/manual/878997/Bush-Hog-Th420.html?page=54#manual

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.