Quantcast

1999 Mule 2500 Park Brake Engaged Indicator Light Bulb

Mikey

Does anybody know where to get one of these bulbs? 

It is the one that lights up when the park brake is applied. Same as the one that lights up when the engine is over temperature.

I have checked several places locally without success.

Thanks, Mike

IMG_9856.JPG

I've looked through all diagrams that show with and have to do with the dash, and didn't see anything.

If you want, im going to the local Kawasaki dealership tomorrow to pick up some parts for my mule, if you want i can give the parts guy your mule model and year, and i'll print these pictures and show to him and maybe he can figure out something.

**EDIT**

I just found a picture of a dash on Mule 2500 and it looks like someone else added that afterwards.  It might also be a option at original purchase. and also in the parts diagram, it shows this dash panel, and all the cutouts for the holes and SHIFT  lever, but no cutout for where that light goes. You might have to change connectors behind it and wire in a little LED light or something.

IMG_20180103_151517_DRO.jpg

@Travis Thanks for all the effort. I think maybe you are right that it was an option becuase it sure looks like a factory installation. I thought that all the water cooled Mules came with an over temp warning light as standard though????

Anyhow another member directed me to a great website bulbtown.com  and I was able to identify two possibilites and ordered them both.

If you are willing and your dealer can add any info I would love to have it but if not I think it's likely that I have a solution coming in the mail soon.

I fished in Canada this June with a guy from Conroe. I lived in Houston for a year in 1993.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By lmarkie
      I swapped out the Subaru motor for a Predator 670cc. If I remove the heat shield around the muffler, The stock muffler sits in there just fine with 1" to spare.
      Only problem is the exhaust exit is toward the back seat instead of out the back.
      Do you all think that the stock exhaust would be okay (just as effective) if cut a hole and welded a pipe on the reversed (opposite) end? Of course, plug the old exit end. Other option I thought of was to roll a tube 180° with a 7" center line radius and finish extention of 12" or so.
      Any thoughts?
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By Ronald
      Check engine light comes on after engine runs continuously for 5 minutes or so.  I can shut down the engine and restart and check engine light goes out, then comes back on after running 5 minutes or so?  What ya think?
    • By Alien10
      I added lights to the Coleman Outfitter 550 last fall.   I bought lights on line from Nilight, a 300 W  12" light bar mounted forward and 2 square 4" floods for the rear.  Those are mounted on the roof corners facing rear and downward just beyond the tailgate.  Nilights seem to be of high quality, as I've had them on my garden tractor for 5 years and still flood the way ahead with great light. 
      Both the front and rear lights provide amazing illumination making the OEM headlamps look like parking lights.  Made a connector for the front bar that plugs into existing headlamp switch so it is just part of that circuit controlled by the headlamp switch.   Rear work lamps were wired in using a rocker switch installed in the dash.  Backed up to the garden with the work lights and was able to harvest some tomatoes well past sunset. 
      What have you used if anything for auxiliary lighting on your UTV?