Quantcast

Maintenance/durability problems for RZR Turbo models?

Tobe Long

I have a 2019 RZR Turbo S 4, and have been loving it since I bought it in May. Now, I am beginning to wonder how well it will hold up under hard driving over the long term. I would describe my driving style as aggressive, but always with the cost of repairs in the back of my mind. I live in Utah, so I love hitting the Little Sahara dunes and rock crawling in Moab. I have put about 500 miles total on it, and just blew my first belt which had about 300 miles on it. This happened just as I got to the top of Sand Mt. in my stock vehicle. I'm looking for any recommendations (maintenance or upgrades) for drive train and suspension that will make my vehicle more reliable and reduce long term repair/replacement costs. Are belt temp gauges worth it? How are other owners doing with belt life? OEM vs. aftermarket belts?  Anyone had to deal with rebuilding the Fox Live Valve Dynamix shocks yet? I hate to think about how much that might cost! I've got a week in Moab planned for the end of September and want to make sure I can hit some of the classics without worrying (too much) about breaking anything. Any info is appreciated-

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By jonny L
      Went for a nice trail ride for about 20 miles, came back, shut it off, and attempted to go for another ride. The electronic gear shifter will not go into park to start it up.  It reads neutral in the park position. Disconnected the battery and reconnected and it now read Park. But, when you put your foot on the brake to start it, it goes right back to neutral. Checked everything that I could think of and decided it has to be the 17 gear position sensor. Not certain this is the issue but I bought a used one on Ebay (could not locate a new one) and will try it. Any other possibilities?
    • By amiracle40995
      I've never seen the temperature go high on this thing. the fan runs almost all the time even though the sensor is  reading at the very bottom of it's range. ive taken the cylinder head off.  (nothing definitive but maybe a little fuel on top of piston with oil in it.i don't think this has anything to do with my problem )head gasket is 3 layers deep and I noticed some grit that might have been in between layers but nothing to say the head gasket wasn't intact.  black carbon build up on piston. I've looked all over the head for cracks from over heating. I'm about to look again for hairline cracks that are extremely difficult to see. my buddy helping me said to order rings in case they are letting oil pass thru he also said get a new head gasket.. I'm looking at water in oil first and I'm not ordering rings. I haven't checked the oil cooler to see if it's defective yet.  I'm just hoping someone had a similar problem. my only problem so far has been having to change the spark plug every 100 miles with 93 octane run thru it. 
    • By onealmck
      I have a 2019 T-Boss 410 that died one day after we parked it. It had been getting harder to start (had to hold the throttle down) for some time but would not start. The starter clutch seized while I was trying to start it. I replaced the starter clutch and it will not start. It appears to have solid fuel pressure and solid spark. It "fires" but will not actually run. The exhaust gets hot after cranking so I know that's actually firing but it won't fully start. Any ideas?
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By Mater Help
      I have a 2019 Bennche Warrior that I mostly use around my property for odd jobs. I also cruise the neighborhood and make short runs to the local pub and neighbors houses. The exhaust system is super loud. I was hoping to find something that will fit and work that is quieter. I have included a photo of the system that is on the unit now. Any ideas or recommendations? 
      Second question: Recently, it has become hard to shift from park to any gear if the engine is running. The shifter moves fine if the engine is off. It is almost as if the clutch (no pedal) is not disengaging completely. I have not tried to do anything to correct the condition yet but as it gets increasingly more difficult, I need to do something.  Looking for a place to start. Nothing in the service manual that I can find. 
      Any help will be greatly appreciated,