Quantcast

Renegade 800 R4 high idle

Terrypenton

I have a renegade 800 with fuel injection.  Someone siphoned all the gas out of the tank and left the cap off.  The machine was sitting outside and I really don’t know how long the fuel cap was off but I drained the tank and put new fuel.  Afterwards when I start the engine, the idle speed is at 2500 and will not come down.  Have since drained the tank , replaced fuel filter and added fuel injector cleaner.  Nothing has changed.  Hopefully one of you can shed some light on this problem for me.  Thanks in advance

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MISTERTIRE66
      Recently inherited 08 joyner renegade r4 800.. seems to be sound mechanically but I cannot find bal joints. Any pone help with other replacement part number please.
    • By Paul Angstadt
      Hi everybody. I just bought a 2012 Hisun with the 700cc engine. Was wondering where i could find a service manual for this thing?
      Its going to need some parts that are missing, like the air intake hoses and other things. Also the dash display is out. the only light that works is neutral light. Not even sure on the model. from pics I've seen, it looks like an HS700. Kind of grey with the black stripes on the hood. Just hoping i can find parts for it.
      Thank you for any advice you can give me. By the way, it does run and goes forward and reverse.
      Paul
    • By Robby
      Hello, I have a 2013 500 utv hisun. Was running ok and cut out while parked. Bike will not start now. It turns over, but won't fire. I have no spark and no fuel. I replaced fuel pump, ignition coil, spark plug, cdi, voltage rectifier and all the fuses and relays. Could bad stater cause no fuel because I can't hear the fuel pump priming. Any info on where to start looking for problem.
    • By James L
      Having a hard time in reverse it seems to jerk very roughly while trying to back up????
    • Sell your car with CarBrain
    • By corkie
      I have  replaced the fuel pump assembly 3 times in the last 3 years. The motor always goes bad and will not come on when you turn the ignition on.  Anyone else having this problem?
      I have a Hisun utv 500.