Quantcast

Purchasing a Hisun 750 HS Crew - Questions

This seems to be the most active forum for Hisun so if I purchase here is my new home!  I want the UTV mainly for trail riding and some mudding with the family which is the reason for the four seats.  I'm looking to pick up a 2016 HS Crew for around 5,000 which seems to be a good deal.  The bike is in great shape and has low hours but the concern I have is the lack of parts.  I'm not sure if it's known by another name (I've heard Rhino is 1-1 interchangeable) but when I Google, ebay, or Amazon "2016 Hisun 750 HS" very few parts come up.  I'm concerned that if I break an arm, shock, or tie rod I'll be forced to go to the dealer.  I also see a lack of performance parts for the Hisun vs things like a Kawasaki Tryex.  There seems to be a bigger community around the other bikes where there are people who have custom flashes and such, not so much for the Hisun.  Am I looking in the right places or should I steer clear?

If I am not mistaken (and I spent a lot of hours reading) hisung was a Japanese owned Rhino (Yamaha?) factory - when the Japanese moved production, the factory renamed itself and kept right on building - after probably not a few lawsuits, they ended up re-engineering enough to not violate patent laws - they also invested a fortune in some high end, state of art robotics (geek alert - I spent a lot of years in engineering -  robotics and automation, so I am impressed) - today they make a reasonable priced utv that is half decent quality - they ship raw parts to Texas and assemble them in several configurations and different brand names - under the plastic they are about like a camaro vs transam or mustang vs capri - I was surprised to find that I can get parts for mine here in Costa Rica - (not surprised to find out that he just orders them from US, marks them up and adds shipping costs - but he does stock some of the most common / popular parts so I don't have to wait or deal with the aduanas agents (customs) - good luck in your search - I love mine (most of the time - grin) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.