Quantcast

Questions on 2017 Challenger 750 crew

Hello everyone.  I purchased a 2017 Challenger 750 eps Crew with 400 miles and find the exhaust noise is awful.  I saw in another post chatter about a 2019 exhaust upgrade?  Anyone have info on this?  I also would like to know the typical RPMs for speed.  I am running 4k at 20mph in hi range and it seems like it does not have the power I expected.  

So far I have added a custom mount rear winch, soft rear window and upgraded LED headligjt bulbs.  I am looking for any other upgrades people have done.

Well that could be.  I have seen other complaints about the noise.  I dont have anything to judge it by.  I am going to take it to the dealer and have him go through it.  The machine is like new and Im getting 15 miles per gallon so it seems like engine is running efficiently.

• Like 1

The exhaust upgrade does not do much for the noise, it just removes the likelihood of breaking the pipe going to the muffler.  Most of my noise cam from a cracked pipe. It helps to duct the air piping from the clutch to the rear of the cab.  Both intake and exhaust.  Mine runs 5500 rpm at 40 mph.  6000 at 45.  The gas mileage was much closer to 25 mph.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gary T
      I generally use my challenger for light duty misc. use, and for plowing. The one thing I dislike about this machine is the difficulty in shifting. I've had it the shop and they adjusted the shifting lever, but I still have issues. Some times it shifts ok, but the problem is it is hard to get it to move the lever from high to reverse or low to high or from any gear to the other. Seems I always have to accelerate a little to get it to engage to what gear I need it to go to. This is definitely not normal.
    • By Kingfish
      The conversion took about 350lbs. off the vehicle.  It never rode great, but now I feel every  crack in the road.  I have backed off spring compression nut to the point just under where they would move around if suspension was at full extension, but it is still very stiff.  I would like to put some softer coilover springs on it, but I have no idea what the spring rate is with the original springs so I would just be guessing on what to order.  Does anyone have the data for the original spring compression rate?  I am willing to give up a little ground clearance for a softer ride. Right now when sitting still the rear suspension is at or near full extension and the rear tires have several degrees of camber which will cause uneven wear if allowed to continue in this state.
    • By Ridge Runner
      Hi
      i have a 2019 Coleman 550 Outfitter.  The tail gate has a pin on each side, that snaps into latch blocks that are mounted on the inside of the tail gate opening.  There are two M6x16 pan head screws(bolts?) that hold the latch blocks in place.  The screws enter from inside the bed body, and I can’t figure out how to access them.  This is right by the tail light assemblies.  I tried taking a pan head screw out of the fender lip, but found out there is not a nut firmly inplace, to hold the pan head screw in.  Bottom line I’m making it worse.  
      coleman was no help.  If I could figure out how they attached the tail light, then maybe I could put the latch screws in through the tail light hole.  Any ideas?

thanks
      Ridgerunner
    • By Browner010
      Recently I had an overheating issue on my 2022 Coleman Outfitter 550 (Hisun UT550) and to check to make sure it was fixed I took it out for a ride around the block. After a couple cycles on the LED coolant meter, I took it for a couple mile ride and on my way back I heard a loud metallic snap then a grinding noise. It was still able to move under its own power but very slowly. I was about 2 blocks from the truck so 'I limped it home and up onto the trailer. I know I need to tear it apart and look for what broke, but anyone have a guess as to where to start? I'm seriously getting tired of this damn machine! 750 miles on it and already replaced the belt, wet clutch, primary clutch, clutch roller weights among a few other things. Seriously, this friggin machine has spent more time on the lift than on the road. I thought I bought this new because it was from the owner of a tractor supply, but he registered it under the stores name making me the 2nd owner voiding any and all warranties.
      Any Ideas what to look for would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    • By johnney
      i have a 2011 hisun ys 400  idles high,once in awhile, runs horrible under load. iv'e put several differant carbs on it , cleaned the gas tank , took off the vaccum fuel pump and put  an 
      electric fuel pump.  no change HELP 
      this is a carburated engine, but was wondering is there any electrical components that meter the fuel flow,  like  mass air flow senser or something like that could be causing the fuel delivery
      problem.
      ps i have owned this rig since it was new , and haven't had a full  year of flawless riding.

oh and bought it from menards and told me i was stuck with it.