Quantcast

Rear suspension arm and hub povot points

Guest Lenny

I recently removed my rear trailing arm to check the pivot points. As you all know, they not serviceable without removal. Checking mine, I found one of the four total was about to get dry. Even a little surface rust was developing on the surface as seen in the picture attacked. The joint is fairly well designed but the caps on the ends with internal rubber seals doesn't seal very good. I added greese fittings to eliminate the servicing problem and to be able to pump fresh greese to them on a regular basis. If you add the fittings, be sure to put them as far around the bearing tube towards the rear as possible. If you later modify your suspension to get the 14 1/2" of travel, then the fitting will miss the bracket the arm pivots on when the suspension is at full compression.

While at it, I also added greese fittings to the rear axel hubs. This also is shown in an included picture. Just looking them and seeing the greese squeezing out the sides a little makes me feel a lot better about things.

I sujest everyone check these pivot points. Greese fittings can be purchased at your local auto supply. I would use the small ones shown in the rear axle hub picture rather than the larger ones I used on the arms.

Lenny

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/29728...104282158ZOGIQp

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/26898...104282158NfhqUY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.