Quantcast

Need help 2010 Kawasaki mule 600 voltage regulator

I have a 2010 Kawasaki mule 600 I've ohmed the wires to the voltage regulator and stator and to the ignition switch all read good. Now when I plug up my voltage regulator it gets extremely hot and so does the wires. I've used my volt meter and checked the plug and I'm getting ac out instead of DC out to the battery. I've got 22 volts ac going to the voltage regulator and it's putting out 3 volts ac instead of DC anyone know why or what I need to check 

• Alex changed the title to Need help 2010 Kawasaki mule 600 voltage regulator

Regulator is definitely  defective..., you should also be getting at least24 volts  AC on each A/C wire... DC volts are AC volts split in half... so AC 22v = 11Volts DC...

at the battery I like to see about 13 or 14 v or so idling, and up to 15v at high RPM.

It isn't uncommon for the regulator to get warm, hence the fins on it... but the wires should stay cool.. Heat is generated by resistance. That's one thing i really don't like about some meters, when continuity testing, they apply a small load to the wire, under a small load a wire may test fine, but when a higher amped load is applied that's when it gets hot or voltage drop occurs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Paul Angstadt
      Hi everybody. I just bought a 2012 Hisun with the 700cc engine. Was wondering where i could find a service manual for this thing?
      Its going to need some parts that are missing, like the air intake hoses and other things. Also the dash display is out. the only light that works is neutral light. Not even sure on the model. from pics I've seen, it looks like an HS700. Kind of grey with the black stripes on the hood. Just hoping i can find parts for it.
      Thank you for any advice you can give me. By the way, it does run and goes forward and reverse.
      Paul
    • By Bobby Courtney
      I have a 2021 Coleman 400utv with 60 miles on it. I bought as project. It’s idled ruff and fouled plugs since it was new. I have removed and cleaned throttle body new injector new idle air valve new oxygen sensor. Installed ngk iridium plug. Starts and run good for about 5 or 6 miles and fouls plug. It runs rich all the time. I’ve done reset on ecu. I’m about to think it’s time to try a new ecu. Anyone please help. 
    • By diamondjfarm
      I got an old 2003 Arctic Cat 375 Auto, and just bought a 2008 AC 650 side by side. Got a new starter, solenoid, and battery for the 650. Gonna change the crankcase oil and filter while I'm at it.
      Anything I oughta watch out for from them that's done the starter/solenoid on this model?
      Don't have a manual yet for the 650. Any recommendations for oil weight/grade?
      Thanks.
    • Sell your car with CarBrain
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?