Quantcast

2022 mule sx xc delivery wait

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke with the dealer yesterday and he didn’t tell me anything very encouraging. He said the next mule sx xc model that arrives would be mine, but could not even give me an estimate as to when it would be. He said Kawasaki is one of the worst at communicating with the dealership, the only one worse is Honda. So no good news there. I guess the wait continues.

• Like 1

I haven’t been able to find out much about the Kawasaki mule delivery delays specifically, but I have read some forums and comments about Polaris utvs. Some customers have been waiting for 8 months and are still waiting for their machine. While others are getting them in 6-8 weeks. Seems to be no rhyme or reason. I’m sure Kawasaki is having the same issues. I’ve been waiting 8 weeks and still haven’t heard anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I went by the dealer today.  She said the manufacturer has mule SX’s but are waiting on odometer or some other electrical component before they can complete them.  Still doesn’t know when  delivery will be.  Sounds like we’re being held up due to the chip shortages.  It’s now been a month I’ve been waiting.

If you do a search by your zip code on Kawaski’s website you can see which local dealers have any mule stock.  Last week there was hardly any. This week more seem to be showing up in my area.  Most mule models Except SX’s.  Maybe because they’re the lowest cost, the manufacturer is focusing on revenue instead of when the unit was ordered.  Although I have read where manufacturers are building anything they have enough parts to finish.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my mule today. Not the one I ordered though. I ordered an XS XC. The dealer called me and said he just got a Pro MX in and would I be interested. Costed $1800 more than the XS but I’m tired of waiting and it is a nicer unit. Finally the wait is over. Should be delivered to me next weekend after fully assembled and accessories are installed.

• Like 1

Hi folks I'm glad one of your mules came in, from what I have seen a basic mule is pretty hard to get! I watched several dealer websites daily over a 150 mile radius for many weeks just waiting for one of them to get in a green or camo Pro MX EPS.  Finally one showed up at a dealer around 90 miles away and I snagged it, Picked it up Oct 15 and we couldn't be happier with it. My 2022 KLR 650 was a long wait too but I got the one I wanted in late september.

If you want one expand your search and be ready to be on the phone with your CC to hold it. Good luck, and if they are hard to find this year just wait until next year.

Prices will be through the roof and inventory will be even lower,

Roy-2.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By didgeridoo
      Hello, All!  I've decided to replace the traction batteries in my 2018 Sector E1 with a 48V Lithium set. They may be expensive, but I figure the Discovery Dry Cell are, too. I am not looking for the max driving range, as I have never received near the brochured range to begin with, but a good mix of charge/ get work done/ charge is what I am expecting.
      I have settled on the 48V EAGL kit from bigbattery dot com. Each battery pack provides 30Ah. The kit ships with a charger, as well. The packs would be physically connected in parallel (using a busbar) to one another, maintaining the 48V voltage, but together would be able to provide the amp draw the buggy pulls when going up hill or towing a rake (rated 320 max continuous Amps). This is in comparison to the serial connection the eight 6V lead batteries. Each of the EAGL batteries looks to have its own BMS; am I correct in thinking I will have to use their included charger rather than (simply) changing the onboard charger to lithium mode? The chemistry of the pack is LiFe PO4, for what it's worth.  I haven't torn anything apart yet (to diagram), so  I am not sure how the dash will interpret the AMP draw, but the kit I am looking at includes a dash mounted charge indicator.
      If anyone has completed a similar conversion, do you have any tips? Specifically, how did you remove the original batteries, and how did you secure the new ones? I am guessing that almost any change from the stock batteries would involve at least some modifications. Any tips would be appreciated, especially things I may have failed to consider. Thanks!
    • By mac66
      I bought a used 2021 Axis 500 last April.  Low mileage and got it for considerably less than what they go for new.
      The first thing I did was change the oil/fluids and also put a new drive belt on it.  The only other thing I did to it was add a rear vinyl window that zips open and rolls up to keep the weather off.
      I used it on my 52 acre property to check trail cameras, service the food plots, haul fertilizer, seed etc etc. It's has a good size bed and is not too big or small.  It has worked well as a utility vehicle. 
      Other than using on the trails working around the property I haven't used it much off road...at least until last weekend when I went on 74 mile group ride around the county. In my state it's legal to ride on any road that's not a state or federal highway. The group started in town, rode about 30 miles on back roads to the state ORV trail system. Then did about 20 miles on the trails and then headed back via back roads to town.   
      It had rained for 2 days straight prior, so the trails were one mud hole after another.  It was very challenging.
      The good...
      -It worked fine, never had any kind of issue with it since I bought it.
      -It kept up with more expensive machines on the trails. I was the only one with a CCC (Cheap Chinese Crap) machine.
      -Fairly comfortable to drive.
      -The roof, windshield and rear window kept most of the rain off when it started raining in the afternoon.
      -Okay, I cheated. I peeled off the AXIS 500 stickers on each side. Everybody in the group assumed I had a Rhino. They didn't ask, I didn't tell.
      The not so good...
      -The horsepower rating on the 500-cc engine is 24 hp but it seemed underpowered. While I could go about 35 mph with the pedal to the metal on pavement and hard packed dirt roads the best I could do on loose packed roads was 27 mph. I had trouble keeping up with the others in the group.  It also bogs down on inclines in high gear.  On the other hand, in low gear and 4wd I didn't have any problems going through mud or sand or up hills.
      -It is LOUD! Had to wear shooting earmuffs to keep my ears from ringing while riding. Going to have to address that.
      Overall Impression...
      I was impressed with it on the trails, and it is a good utility vehicle for working around the property. Considering what I paid for it I am very happy with its performance.
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By sxr951
      corrosion had its oring neck area  jammed in.. and besides that had corrosion in the starter just shorted when ran direct jumper cable to the starter post power to it

• By Greg Kilgore
      I would really like to know what you guys think about this. I'll try not to ramble and make it as clear as I can.

I took this new job with companyX as a fiber splicer a year ago. I have a 45' bucket truck and 10or12 x 8 ft enclosed splice trailer I have to take home. Within the last 6 months all the management in the splice dept left. Now the power/construction management and higher ups are filling in. Just recently we were told travel to our 1st job is not payable even though we are in a company vehicle. 
      We are union so I asked the union business manager about this. His reply was be grateful you were paid travel as long as you were and that you don't have to drive your POV to the job.

Last week I had 50hr total. The job area is 4-4.5 hrs away. My time was reduced to 44.5 hrs since we were told this travel thing on Tuesday of that week. I wasn't hired for this area. I was hired for area a lot closer to home. 

Pay is good. Work is not hard. Insurance is through the union and so far pretty good.
      But I hate the thought of having to work extra just to make a 40hr paycheck. Anyone who has to drive as part of their job knows windshield time is not easy.

Anyway what do you guys think. Should I look for a different job or just suck it up because of the decent pay and health insurance.