Quantcast

Plastic Timing Cover

showa

Guest Lenny
heh...I was going over the buggy last night and noticed my fan belt had jumped a rib and wore a hole in the plastic timing belt cover....Anyone have an idea how much of a pain this is gunna be to replace ????

You may be able to use epoxie glue to fix it. If you get the right stuff, it will hold. E-mail 3m corporation and tell them what your doing and they can tell you exactely what to use. About 3 years ago I bought a brand new $300 pond pump for $28 on ebay because nobody wanted it because of a a cracked plastic housing. I used epoxie and It's been working ever since. Of coase if it's cheap and easy to replace, do that.

Lenny

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By kadams428
      Recently my four wheeler has had an issue of being set in gear and it begins riding on its own (up to 3-4MPH). It also is having difficulty shifting into different gears after riding in one gear (i.e. going from reverse to high gear). It will shift perfectly fine when shut off, but consistently has both issues stated above.
      Previous research has shown me that it could be an issue with belt tension/deflection, however I have been unable to figure out how to do that with these machines. I've seen some clutches have a jam nut and all that is needed is a wrench and an Allen key to make adjustments, but I haven't seen/found that on the 600 clutches. Has anyone done this in the past or have knowledge of how to accomplish this? 
    • By mac66
      Apparently, these are Hisun or at least they use Hisun engines. I can't find much info on them online yet.  Ran across a used one with just 100 miles on it as a very reasonable price.  Just curious.
      Okay, more info...they are owned by Textron Corp who also owns Bell Helicopter, Cessna & Beechcraft aircraft, Ez-Go & Cushman and Arctic Cat and a bunch of other companies.
      So are thy cheap Chinese crap machines or are they good to go?
    • By sxr951
      corrosion had its oring neck area  jammed in.. and besides that had corrosion in the starter just shorted when ran direct jumper cable to the starter post power to it

• By Joe Breaux
      just an update on my MSU 500 . For all the misery it caused me the first 2 yrs, and the combination of some quality YAMAHA parts, it has now become a reliable ,useful UTV without the constant fear of having to push or tow it back from trails. I have not had a single issue pop up in a very long time.. FINALLY!....and as a side note, I just bought  a C FORCE 600 ATV to replace an old and well used  Honda that finally after 18 yrs gave up a rod bearing.  So far the new one has really impressed me .. I like the new Power Steering and  this CVT Auto Trans is new to me on an ATV .. I m used to constant shifting on my Hondas .  It also has something I have never seen. Its EBS  engine brake system, as soon as you let go of throttle, it engine brakes you to a stop rather quickly.. its great idea for the grandkids safety . Takes a little getting used to tho.. All in all, I like it. We shall see how durable it is after break-in.. I do "RIDE" them! .....and they honor their warrenty! and the dealer is 15 minutes away.. 
    • By Randyh79
      Has anyone had to replace the dash light on their Highsun?