Quantcast

Massimo 500 utv

Myerry

We have a massimo 500 utv we have changed the fuel pump (but you can't hear it kick on) we put a new fuel injector on and a new plug the thing will turn over when trying to start it but it will never really start or run. Can poor gas right down the throttle body and it will run for just a second and stop please help. Not sure what else could be the cause of it not wanting to start and run

If your UTV will not start or if you prime the throttle body and get it to run most likely it is a fuel pressure problem (fuel pump).  This is a common problem with all (big brands from USA, Japan and China) go down to the store and buy a cheap Fuel Injection tester and you will find that there is not enough fuel pressure.  Before you go ahead a purchase a new fuel pump check the connections and the grounds.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By shepdog
      I just picked up a 2009 bmx utv 500, there is a small 'nipple' on the water pump, its barbed like a hose goes on it , where is that little hose Suposed to go? 
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Goat Quilter
      We pout new belts cleaned engine and carburetor plugs you name it.  Drove down road no problem came back uphill no power won’t go . What’s the issue? 

could it be clutch? 

frustrated in shop more than in use on farm 
    • By weasel
      starts up you have keep rpms up for 5 minutes till it warms up then runs fine. But if it stalls wont start unless you unplug fuel pump and hold it to the floor till it starts then plug pump back in and run it till it warms up then it is fine all day.
    • By hetovi
      Hey everyone,
      I’m in the market for a UTV windshield that can withstand extreme conditions, including high winds, dust, and off-road impacts.
      I’ve seen a lot of options out there, but I’m unsure which one will provide the best protection and durability.
      Does anyone have experience with windshields that excel in these environments? Are there specific brands or materials you recommend?
      I’m particularly interested in options that offer both durability and clarity.
      Any tips or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!