Quantcast

2013 Massimo MSU 500 new primary clutch

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I never thought about it having 2 clutches. My experience with clutches is minimal, at best, and mostly limited to manual clutches on dirt bikes, and the occasional car.

But if it were me, I'd probably give it a very small amount of grease, extremely lightly applied. 

Of course I googled it and watched a couple of YouTube videos but the info was very conflicting. One guy said it should be assembled dry to keep sand and dust from building up on it. One guy said that it had to be "packed" with grease. And of course varying stages in between. If one of those that know don't reply soon, I guess I'll just put it in the way it was shipped to me and hope for the best.

I did the same search, and saw the same conflicting information. I suppose it might be because of subtle differences in the exact types of clutch, and as I said,  I don't know enough to give a definite answer.

That's why I answered as I did. My theory being that a small amount of grease might help, but probably wouldn't hurt anything. And from my experience, gobs of grease, are only used in certain circumstances, and can sometimes do more harm than good. 

So since I don't have any real experience in clutch grease, I really don't know. I only responded out of ignorance, in regard to the vehicle having two clutches. Well that, and to give this worthy question more forum face time, by bringing it to the top.

I'd also like to suggest that you keep us informed about this project, through one of the threads you've started about this machine. We love projects, and pictures. Good documentation might just cause someone else to start their own project. 

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Greg Kilgore
      Was at Lowe's over the weekend. The wife and I seen they have a new Axis 550. That thing is sharp. Has a complete door. Speakers in door. Bigger engine. Bench seats. New styling all the way around. Looks to be more air tight than my 2022 model. I really like the looks but $10k is out of my price range for now. Unless I could sell mine. And the resale on the Axis 500 is nothing.
      Went to the local wally world today. See a 4 person Polaris General 1000 on the back of a trailer. That Polaris looked exactly like a stretched version of the Axis 550. Even down to the vents in the windshield.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the Axis 550 is a copy of the Polaris?
    • By 4x4friend
      I have a 2012 Hisun ut400 that I just bought. I was told it just needed a belt, but nope, all three clutches were shot. So I went online and found a couple videos on replacing the clutches. They stated that the wet clutch and primary clutch should turn easily counterclockwise and harder clockwise because it's turning the engine over. So that is what I'm getting when the wet clutch housing bolts are loose, when I tighten them the shaft now turns very hard counterclockwise. Anyone have any ideas as to the problem? 
    • By Alex
      Explore Kemimoto's CFMOTO accessories collection that will elevate your riding experience. From protective gear to performance upgrades, they offer everything you need to customize and optimize your CFMOTO vehicle. Kemimoto has bags, boxes, bumpers, covers, camera mounts, cup holders, doors, and more! Outfit your CFMOTO today!
      18% off with code AFZ18 in August

• By sxr951
      2015 massimo 700.. need cylinder bolt!  it some special cut from factory,, its a 125 thread but its like between 8 and 10 mm  dont know where to find any ideas? thx