Quantcast

2013 Massimo MSU 500 new primary clutch

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I never thought about it having 2 clutches. My experience with clutches is minimal, at best, and mostly limited to manual clutches on dirt bikes, and the occasional car.

But if it were me, I'd probably give it a very small amount of grease, extremely lightly applied. 

Of course I googled it and watched a couple of YouTube videos but the info was very conflicting. One guy said it should be assembled dry to keep sand and dust from building up on it. One guy said that it had to be "packed" with grease. And of course varying stages in between. If one of those that know don't reply soon, I guess I'll just put it in the way it was shipped to me and hope for the best.

I did the same search, and saw the same conflicting information. I suppose it might be because of subtle differences in the exact types of clutch, and as I said,  I don't know enough to give a definite answer.

That's why I answered as I did. My theory being that a small amount of grease might help, but probably wouldn't hurt anything. And from my experience, gobs of grease, are only used in certain circumstances, and can sometimes do more harm than good. 

So since I don't have any real experience in clutch grease, I really don't know. I only responded out of ignorance, in regard to the vehicle having two clutches. Well that, and to give this worthy question more forum face time, by bringing it to the top.

I'd also like to suggest that you keep us informed about this project, through one of the threads you've started about this machine. We love projects, and pictures. Good documentation might just cause someone else to start their own project. 

Good luck!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Josh5696
      So I've got a 2022 Axis 500 UTV with only 50 miles on the odometer. It seems to have a strange grinding/squeeling noise coming from the clutch when decelerating or going down hill at lower speeds. Did some research, and found out this is apparently a fairly common thing. Alot of sources suggest the one way bearing is responsible. I'm hearing about quite a few horror stories about these bearings going bad on practically new machines, and when they replace the bearing it goes bad again shortly after.
      Has anyone come up with a solid fix for this? I've read it may be possible to run the UTV without the bearing at all, is that true? Are the $20 replacement bearings from eBay and Amazon complete garbage, and is there a better one way bearing out there that's built stronger? Is there something else causing this bearing to wear out faster, or is the stock bearing complete junk?
      Any input is appreciated, thanks in advance!
    • By Kingfish
      The conversion took about 350lbs. off the vehicle.  It never rode great, but now I feel every  crack in the road.  I have backed off spring compression nut to the point just under where they would move around if suspension was at full extension, but it is still very stiff.  I would like to put some softer coilover springs on it, but I have no idea what the spring rate is with the original springs so I would just be guessing on what to order.  Does anyone have the data for the original spring compression rate?  I am willing to give up a little ground clearance for a softer ride. Right now when sitting still the rear suspension is at or near full extension and the rear tires have several degrees of camber which will cause uneven wear if allowed to continue in this state.
    • By Ridge Runner
      Hi
      i have a 2019 Coleman 550 Outfitter.  The tail gate has a pin on each side, that snaps into latch blocks that are mounted on the inside of the tail gate opening.  There are two M6x16 pan head screws(bolts?) that hold the latch blocks in place.  The screws enter from inside the bed body, and I can’t figure out how to access them.  This is right by the tail light assemblies.  I tried taking a pan head screw out of the fender lip, but found out there is not a nut firmly inplace, to hold the pan head screw in.  Bottom line I’m making it worse.  
      coleman was no help.  If I could figure out how they attached the tail light, then maybe I could put the latch screws in through the tail light hole.  Any ideas?

thanks
      Ridgerunner
    • By WCF
      Hi Joyner Gang
      New to the Joyner group. I'm making long travel for the 1100 Sand viper. I'm trying to make something that will work as well or even better than the RZR Rino etc. At this time the front has 14" travel rear has 16" of travel. Still developing the suspension. comets are welcome. Ask questions and I will get back to the Forum 

?