Quantcast

2013 Coleman ut500 Heat coming from the rear

• Alex changed the title to 2013 Coleman ut500 Heat coming from the rear

Plan on doing something like that to my axis. Something else I plan on doing is a pair of 12 volt radiator fans way up high tied to the ROPS (roll over protection system). Then have passenger and driver rocker switches. 

Should provide plenty of air. Plenty of air comes in at the top of windshield. And help keep dust out of cab. I have a rear windshield. That helps a LOT but still gets a little in. 

There are self adhesive rubber sheets with foil backing that are heat resistant and will help reflect the radiated heat you could try. As a bonus they also deaden noise. They are available for example, on Amazon, for relatively cheap.

I'm not familiar with that particular model/year but presumably like the other older models the cylinder slants forward under the driver's seat? If so it will be harder to deal with the heat due to the proximity of the cylinder. All the newer engines the cylinder slants backwards and is under the bed.

You also need to be careful what you block off for airflow around the engine because there are parts that require airflow to keep cool even on a nominally water cooled engine.

I had that same issue with my Massimo MSU500 .. Tried shielding the cab.. heat was still coming in everywhere . it was very hot with our  100* days here. The heat was coming from the outlet of the mechanical fan on passenger side. The duct exited right between the seats rear. And it was very hot!  Turned out it was because  the engine  was running 240* and soon blew the head .. after getting it all repaired couple times, we bypassed the factory sender on radiator and ran electric cooling fan 100%.. guess what, no heat in the cab .. When winter came we installed an adjustable controller to keep the engine between 160*-180*..   All is well now and you can put your hand on that duct on a hot day. 

2 hours ago, Joe Breaux said:

I had that same issue with my Massimo MSU500 .. Tried shielding the cab.. heat was still coming in everywhere . it was very hot with our  100* days here. The heat was coming from the outlet of the mechanical fan on passenger side. The duct exited right between the seats rear. And it was very hot!  Turned out it was because  the engine  was running 240* and soon blew the head .. after getting it all repaired couple times, we bypassed the factory sender on radiator and ran electric cooling fan 100%.. guess what, no heat in the cab .. When winter came we installed an adjustable controller to keep the engine between 160*-180*..   All is well now and you can put your hand on that duct on a hot day. 

Thanks, but on mine you can see the exhaust right between the seats and the console. I believe that's where all the heat is coming from.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 8:23 AM, Joe Breaux said:

Do you have pictures on what you did?

• 1 month later...