Quantcast

Wet clutch on Massimo 550

Causes 

Low oil.

Wrong oil.

Using the throttle to hold you on an incline. Instead of using the break.

Hauling/towing heavy load in high gear.

These are a few I can think of.

Best way to test a wet clutch or a CVT belt or something else.

Raise the rear of the machine. Remove the cover on CVT housing. Start machine and put in gear. See if the CVT belt is spinning the primary and secondary.

Turn off machine. Leave CVT cover OFF and lower the machine. Now start and put in gear and give a little gas. Does the primary sheave turn but the CVT belt slip? Does the CVT belt slip on the secondary sheave? Does nothing turn?

If nothing turns. Then probably a wet clutch issue.

If CVT belt slips. Then either a belt or junk built up on sheaves. Needed either belt replaced or sheaves cleaned or both,

Hopes this helps and anybody correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Alex
      This is an interesting read. ADAS is main stream on cars these days. The technology looks to be headed towards UTVs and Off-Road Vehicles.
      Potential Motors and CFMOTO USA have announced a new partnership to integrate advanced driver-assist systems (ADAS) into recreational off-road vehicles for the first time.
      Sam Poirier, CEO and co-founder at Potential Motors, says the integration of its technology into CFMOTO’s vehicles will set new standards in the side-by-side segment. (Photo: Potential Motors Inc.) The partnership will first see Potential’s tech integrated into CFMOTO test vehicles. The companies will conduct extensive real-world testing at Potential’s purpose-built off-road proving ground in Fredericton, Canada, and CFMOTO facilities.
      Source: https://powersportsbusiness.com/top-stories/2023/12/19/cfmoto-and-potential-motors-announce-industry-first-adas-technology-for-ohvs/
    • By tipoblanco
      Just purchased the  Bighorn 550 explorer,after the breakin period what engine oil and diff fluid are you using?ive read about using a motorcycle engine oil or just a 10w40 blend?and differentials,states a 80/90 gl5,is there something preferred over another?is there a better spark plug than the K6RTC? just want to start out doing it correctly,im a true believer in proper maintenance,thanks for any contribution
    • By Jon V
      Good afternoon. When the timing chain came off its lower gear (previous owner had over-tightened the tensioner), I ordered new parts.. chain, oil-pump chain, tensioner etc.. But now that it's time to put it back together, the main crankshaft makes a clang noise and stops when you turn it by hand. I want to solve this before assembling everything. The camshaft cover is off so that the valves aren't being activated. Should the transmission be in neutral to turn the crankshaft? The engine was running fine until the chain came off the lower gear. Then it would spin when the starter motor engaged so I assumed the crankshaft was spinning. Any advice is appreciated.
    • By Greg Kilgore
      Was at Lowe's over the weekend. The wife and I seen they have a new Axis 550. That thing is sharp. Has a complete door. Speakers in door. Bigger engine. Bench seats. New styling all the way around. Looks to be more air tight than my 2022 model. I really like the looks but $10k is out of my price range for now. Unless I could sell mine. And the resale on the Axis 500 is nothing.
      Went to the local wally world today. See a 4 person Polaris General 1000 on the back of a trailer. That Polaris looked exactly like a stretched version of the Axis 550. Even down to the vents in the windshield.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm or deny the Axis 550 is a copy of the Polaris?
    • By Dave D
      I have a 2019 coleman 550 outfitter and need help finding out where a wire goes. I put a new starter in and to do that you need to tear half of the inside out! When putting everything back together there’s an extra wire that I can’t find out where it goes. I took pictures of everything before I took it apart and this wire is the only one that blends in with everything around it. Also the new starter doesn’t engage the bendix im assuming it has something to do with the wire?