Quantcast

Massimo 2015 MSU 400 Oil Filter Question

Clight83

Hello,

I am attempting to do some maintenance on my late fathers Massimo MSU 400 that he bought back in 2015. It has had numerous issues over the years and needless to say it is by far the most unreliable thing on 4 wheels that I have ever experienced in my life. That being said I would like to change the oil on it, and I cannot find an oil filter that cross references the stock filter number that will work. So far I have tried a Napa/wix 1394 that cross referenced to the Fram 4967 that was shown as the original cross reference. 
Both filters will immediately start to leak oil as soon as the machine is started up. I do have an actual Massimo filter ordered from Amazon which is 15200-F12-0000 and that one has no cross reference to be found.

Does anyone know any filter brand and number that will work on this engine other than the stock filter? I don’t want to continue buying filters only to have them not work and waste more oil in the process.

Since Massimo is made by Hisun, just like my Axis. I was able to use a hiflofiltro hf682 oil filter from Amazon. I bought a 4 pack for my cfmoto. Tried it on my 2022 Axis 500 and it worked perfectly. From my understanding all Hisun engines uses the same oil filter. OR if you have to have one ASAP. You could go to Lowes and pick up one for a Axis. At least my Lowes carries the oil filters for the Axis now since they started selling them.

From what I've seen from posts on this site about someone wanting to know what filter to use. When I did a search on this site.

The hiflofiltor hf682 filter is concave further with the center hole you use to screw the oil filter on with is a further IN the filter than standard filters are. 

If this filter will work for his massimo I don't know. I know it works great for the axis 500. And since hisum makes I'm assuming it will.

The gasket or o-ring is rounded. But I think the key is the concave. Maybe both concave and rounded gasket. 

IMG_20220819_213705.thumb.jpg.8f19b550ed5b120530e0e64f311f77ac.jpgIMG_20220819_213719.thumb.jpg.0acc13726b8e19fa538eaf2efc14749b.jpgIMG_20220819_213759.thumb.jpg.9918d05b6e45b5709a682b871db69d49.jpg

On 8/12/2022 at 2:49 PM, Clight83 said:

Hello,

I am attempting to do some maintenance on my late fathers Massimo MSU 400 that he bought back in 2015. It has had numerous issues over the years and needless to say it is by far the most unreliable thing on 4 wheels that I have ever experienced in my life. 

Does anyone know any filter brand and number that will work on this engine other than the stock filter? I don’t want to continue buying filters only to have them not work and waste more oil in the process.

you said it brother..    as for filter, the Amazon filter worked on my MSU 500